Tuesday, August 4

Classy Lady



I'm way behind this week, usually I can keep up with my crafting but my Mojo is in slow drive. So I had a look at some of my favourite challenge blog sites for inspiration and two hours later I designed this card to accompany my altered chocolate box for my friend and it covers quite a few challenges. I love this stamp and wanted to do something different with her, so I paper pieced the hat and coat using different materials.
The Hat and the lapels were stamped onto white card and then I used pro markers to colour them in, I embossed them using my cuttlebug folder swissdots. The actual coat is stamped onto wood free handmade paper it has a boucle effect which I am quite pleased with. I coloured the band on the hat with black glitter pen and popped on a small rose for effect.

Here are the challenges she is going into.

1. The Crafty Pad Challenge: I followed the sketch which was designed by Jess
2. Pile it on Challenge: 3 flowers required this week along with your project being entered into at least one more challenge.
3. Whimsy Stamps Challenge: This week the theme is Friendship.
4. Die Cut Dreams Challenge: This week theme is Fashion Frenzy
5. A spoon Full of Sugar Challenge: This week it is Floral Fantasy.

Thank you so much for visiting, I do hope you will pop in and see me again.
Suzi xx

Recipe:
Papers: CCS signature from Papermania - Papermania wood free handmade paper for coat
Image: Faith (shy) from The Crafty Pad
Brads: Papermania
Flowers: same papers as above and cut with cricut
Gems, sentiment & rose from stash.

18 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card Suzi, I love what you have done with the sketch, good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards ,Ive got something for you on my blog
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Suzi ur clever! Thats fab
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzi
    Lovely card. Like how you have done the paper piecing. Good luck with all the challenges.
    TTFN
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzi what a beautiful card - really love it. :) You have used Faith - Shy beautifully, love how you have used different card effects for her coat and hat - very effective. :) Thanks for joining in on The Crafty Pad chalenge and good luck in the draw. :)

    xxDebbiexx The Crafty Pad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Suzi! Love the monochromatic color combo and the unique image. Thanks for joining in at Whimsy this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card Suzi.
    Thanks so much for entering the Crafty Pad Challenge and my blog candy challenge. i wish you luck
    hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Card Suzi, love the classy lady and the flowers you have made are fab. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Suzi, good luck in the challenges

    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. a fabulous card.
    thanks for entering my candy. good luck. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Suzi. Pop over to my blog when you get a chance there is something there for you 2nd post down.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Suzi, I love the colours. Good luck in the challenges. There's something for you on my blog if you'd like to go and look! Love, Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally stunning card again Suzie and I love all the berry colours you have used
    Thank you for joining in our challenge this week at DCD
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this and i think great minds think alike lol we both used similar stamp, polka dots,swirls and pinky colours.
    Brilliant card and i love those flowers
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty - love the papers and the layered flowers! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Suzi! Love the card and embellies. She looks like she's ready for an episode of Dick Tracy!! She's got her spy gear on!! Too Cute. Thanks for joining us over at Whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super card...beautiful! Thanks for sharing this one at Pile It On, too :D
    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that image!! Great card!

    Thanks for playing with us at PILE IT ON! this week.

    ~Vicki
    Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx