Friday, October 9

First Ever Halloween Card


OH BOY!! This was a real challenge for me, firstly we don't celebrate Halloween a great deal in the UK as much as our friends across the water do. But hey ho I'm up for the challenge.

Now my next problem, I had No Halloween goodies in my stash except the lovely free digital download from Doodle Palace, and I must admit he is cute. So here is what I've come up with. I found some black and grey paper and proceeded to colour some of the circles with acrylic art paint of purple, orange and green. I printed off a couple of sentiments and used my Pastel chalk sticks to colour them. Cut out some little pieces of black paper for the bats and added black ribbon to give it some definition.
The inside of the card was done using a plastic bag, dipped onto my black, purple and orange ink pads and dabbed onto the card to give it a spooky look. I just drew the little bats this time and added a couple of nesties and black ribbon. The Happy Halloween is from my big squeeze.

I'm giving this card to my Grandson's and I do hope they like it. Here are the challenges.

1. Die Cut Dreams Challenge: Vikki came up with the sketch and the theme this week which is Halloween and a colour scheme of Black, Purple, Orange & Green. There are two prizes up for grabs this week, one from Susie and one from Vikki. You will have to pop over to find out what they are. You won't be disappointed. The DT cards are fab.
2. Simon Says Challenge: This week the theme is Boo!! make a Halloween card or project. Again pop along to see some fantastic examples from the DT.
3. The Pink Elephant Challenge: The theme this week is a colour challenge of Black, orange, purple and white, again Halloween colours and the prize this week is from Betty the Scrap Witch.
4. A Spoon full of Sugar: The challenge this week is to create a Halloween card or project. Once again the prize is just adorable, but you will have to visit to find out what it is.

Well that's all from me just now, it's 2.15 am and I think it's time I popped off to bed. See you all in the morning. Thanks for visiting.
Suzi xx

Recipe:
DP altered papermania
Image: Doodle Palace
Medium: whisper pens, pro markers, soft pastel sticks, Stazon ink pads, colours above
Sentiment: computer & inside big squeeze with moxie alphabet
Nesties
ribbon from stash.

12 comments:

  1. Verynice Suzi, great cute image, and I love what you've done with the backing paper. thanks for joining us this week at DCD.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card and sentiment to go with it !

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

    Jo and the SSC DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Halloween card, love the cute image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. the trick is ... to make halloween cards and SEND them to your friends in the US - LOL.

    this is fabulous! and adorable! you totally aced halloween!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Card.
    Nice image *g*
    Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant Suzie - very quick thinking.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzi, aww this is a cute one, love the image and the background papers too. thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week and good luck.
    love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Suzi and the colours and design are gorgeous, lovely detail and papers.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. well do not think it will be your last hun as its brilliant great colurs and cute image too love cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blimey Suzi that scared me !!!lol fab card real cute
    Thanks for playing along in our spooky challenge this week at DCD we hope we didn't scare you too much !!! Lol
    Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. For being the first Halloween card ever you did a very nice job :). Thank you for joining the DCD challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card. Thanks so much for entering our challenge at TPE and good luck with the prize draw sponsored by Betty the Scrappy Witch. Hope you’ll have time to play in our new challenge of Autumn which starts today.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx