Friday, November 13

Christmas Style Calendar



Hi Friends, Thought I would make something a little different today, think it has that Christmas feel, but can be used all year long because it is a calendar/wall hanging for 2010. The size is 20cm x 20cm so it's a nice size. Don't know about you, but I love decorating my home at this time of the year with sparkle, wreaths, tinsel etc, but hate taking them down. So I will hang it in my craft room and be reminded of Christmas every time I use it. I am going to enter her into 6 challenges and they are:

1. Crafting Life's Pieces Sketch Challenge: I just love visiting Chelsea at her blog, the creations she makes are just adorable, she is also the designer and maker of Gurlee Stamps, the stamps are all gorgeous and I've used Gurlee Girl Cocoa and followed the great sketch this week.
2. Sophisticats Challenge: This week is was the lovely Lyn's turn to pick the theme and she chose Wings. I have 6 little glitter butterflies on my project.
3. Cute Card Thursday Challenge: I just love the theme this week it's Glitter me Silly, ask no more there is plenty of glitter on my project. I just love it.
4. Fab's Big Christmas Challenge: I've only recently discovered Fabs blog but it's a lovely one, this week you have a choice of 3 or you can combine them all together. Diva, hanging card, wavy frame. Not sure if my entry will qualify as it's not strictly a card it's more of a gift. Anyway
Fab I'm sure you will let me know. I enjoyed joining in.
5. Creative Inspiration Challenge: This week the theme is New or Neglected. I have used my new DCWV paper stacks and my new ribbons.
6. La-La Land Craft Challenge: The theme this week is to Get Punchy, use your punches in the challenge or if you don't have a punch then die cuts will be acceptable. I've used my Martha Stewart lace doily border punch and my small butterfly punch.

I've enjoyed all the challenges this week, so different and inventive. Thanks to all above.
Remember if you want to visit any of the challenge blogs just click on the name.
Thanks for visiting see you all soon
Suzi xx
Recipe:
DP DCWV posies, DCWV christmas texture card, red corrigated card from stash.
Image: Gurlee girl Cocoa - from Gurlee Girl Designs
Medium, pro markers, staedler water colour pencils, glamour dust
Calander tab from Anita's
MC border punch lace doily - small butterfly punch
Nestie oval
Ribbons from local haberdashery shop.
Gems from stash.





15 comments:

  1. Thanks Suzi for joining in with my choice of challenge at sophisticats this week.... love your calender... something else i must get on with... and christmas is only 40 odd days away!!!
    hugs lynx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorjus work, what a wonderful idea. Thank you for joining in over at Sophisticats hope to see you again soon.

    Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Suzi, Lyn certainly picked a winner with the challenges this week, seems to have tickled a few people. Many thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week. hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely calendar.Sorry I haven't been commenting recently but I have left something for you on my blog.
    hugs
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful project suzi,i love the colours and its a lovely idea
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great calender Suzi love the cheeky girl
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful calendar with that sweet little image! I really love all of your delightful crafts featured on your blog; they are simply delicious; such wonderful creations; I can't get over it! Also, thank you for becoming a follower on Tellen's Place! It is so good to have you there! Also, thank you soooo much for promoting my blog; so kind of you and it really makes my day! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely calender Suzi - great idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love decorating but hate taking it down too Suzi! lol Thanks for using this image on your card for the challenge. Love the idea of the Christmas calender. :)Chel

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat idea with the calender! I really love it!
    Thank you so much for joining our challenge at La-La Land!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous calender, really lovely.

    Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzi I had a rest this weekend I was kinda getting stessed out so sorry this comment is late! I love this very much great idea too be back soon

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty - love the paper and that gorgeous bow! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's a really pretty calendar.

    Thank you for vivitins my blog and leaving me a lovely comment.

    I notice you like blog candy. I've got some on my blog here.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx