Thursday, December 17

Hubby's Secret Surprise + Challenges




Hi Friends, It's taken a few days to make this card and gift for my Hubby. I had to do it under the cover of darkness so to speak. You see we share the same spare room, half for his hobby
(clock making) and half for me (Crafting) had to sneak in after he'd gone to bed and do a little at a time and then hide it. As you can see I've converted an old pear wine perry box to hold a bottle of champagne and a bottle of his favourite wine (chardonnay) I've also bought him his fav chocs (match makers) Don't worry he won't find out, he never comes on to my blog, only when invited.

Anyway the project has fallen into 9 challenges. But started out as my DT example for the challenge over at C.R.A.F.T. this week, which is a FREE CHOICE, we know how busy you are at this time of the year, so this will give you the opportunity to enter the project you are already working on.

I used a technique for the swirl that I found on the lovely Stefs (Glitter babe) blog. I cut up a can of pepsi max, flattened it out and used it in my big shot with the sizzix original die corner flourish, I used the inside of the can and not the patterned side so it would co ordinate with the silver and black ribbon. I also used snow-tex all around the lovely little whimsy seal stamp to give it some texture. I'm really quite pleased with how it turned out.

I am also entering my project into the following challenge.

1. Creative Card Crew Challenge: The theme this week is anything goes. There is also a call out for new DT members, so if you would like a go do pop over and enter.
2. Creative Inspirations Challenge: The theme this week has been set by the lovely Jude and is a Christmas Gift, you can create anything you wish but not a card.
3. The Crafty Pad Challenge: This week the theme is a nice simple one, just create a Christmas card, there is some exciting news on the way from Debbie, next Sunday she is going to be showing us a new stamp/stamps. Can't wait to see what's in store.
4. The Pink Elephant Challenge: This week the theme is Winter/Christmas. Nice and simple especially as we are all pushed for time etc.
5. Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge: This week it's SNOW. Use your imagination as long as there is snow somewhere on your project. I've used half a tub on my card. Hehehe
6. Sophisticat Challenge: The lovely Avril has set the challenge this week and again it's Christmas/Anything goes. A Card, altered project, gift, so long as it's new and follows the theme.
I can't quite believe that Lisa (blog owner) is now at challenge 15, it only feels like a few weeks since the challenge was launched. Time just seems to have disappeared.
7. Our Creative Coner Challenge: The theme this week is The Holiday are Here, create a project with a holiday theme, Christmas, Hannukah.
8. Whimsy Stamp Challenge: This weeks theme is Black & White. Simple.

Thank you for visiting, I know how busy you all are with preparations for Christmas. I really do appreciate your comments and views. Happy Holidays Everyone.

Suzi xx
Recipe: Papermania CC signature
Image: Whimsy Stamps: baby seal
Medium: promarkers
Nesties round scallop for tag on box
Snow- Snow-tex
MS border punch lace doily
Sizzix big dies corner flourish made with pepsi can
Let it snow letters by papermania (foam)
small snowflakes CB die no 2
Ribbon: local haberdashery store.

13 comments:

  1. these are fab Suzi, I'm sure your hubby will be thrilled to bits!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sophisticats this week

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so stunning,i love the monochrome and that little duckling is to cute
    merry christmas and a happy new year
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzi, you are one sweet wife! I would just buy the bottle and stick it in a gift bag! LOL He is so lucky to have you, the card is perfect for a man too. Great job with all those challenges. Have a wonderful Holiday :)Chel

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWW!! Suzi, this is so sweet hun!! I love it!! All of that fun snow around the seal image looks fantastic!! Thanks for joining with us at Whimsy challenges this week!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab idea Suzi thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhhhh you have done it again Susie its just fab hubby will love it I saw a betty boop image with sugar and spice above it..made for u thought I will tell Susie cant remember where it was I am now tht tired dont know if i am coming or going lol I am certain hubby will be deighted

    liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is great - well done on managing to complete it without being found out. I'm sure he will love it.

    Thanks for sharing with us at the Pink Elephant this week.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzie, your gift for your Hubby is AWESOME, love it and I am sure he will too, now clockmaking.....very interested in that....hope you have a fab Xmas, thank you so much for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is great hun he will love it great detail too thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week love cheryl happy xmas hun and new year too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi suzi! this is really cute! Thanks for playing in the whimsy challenge this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Suzi - ooh lucky hubby...:) What a fabulous idea and a lovely altered wine box too. :) Thanks for joining in with The Crafty Pad challenge. :)

    xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great project Suzi, I was sorry to read about your misfortune as far as the rest of your surprise goes, hope you get it all sorted. Just also wanted to wish you a Fabulous Christmas and the best New Year you could wish for.

    Love,

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzi i am always a fan of your work,love the technique you used...bet he loved them.
    Thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations and a Happy New Year when it arrives.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx