Thursday, December 17

Totally Distaught


Hi Friends, I woke up this morning feeling really good, it's my husbands birthday today and next week is Christmas then on the 31st Dec it will be our 36th Wedding Anniversary, on Jan 17th it's my birthday. So in October I booked a surprise holiday for John & myself for a 2 week all inclusive 5*treat in a warm climate. He knew nothing about it, I was going to tell him at Christmas time.

This morning I woke up to the news that the airline I had booked the full holiday with has gone into receivership (Globespan). All flights grounded and no chance of any of their planes taking off again. Now thank heavens it was ATOL covered.

But that doesn't help, I know I will get the money back, but I had scheduled our celebration Month around the surprise, of course I had to tell him today, oh what a disappointment, now it looks like I'll be filling in forms and sending proof of payment, which means a trip to the bank for statements etc etc. Goodness knows when it will get resolved and in this monetary climate it's not as if I can just pluck another £1500 out of thin air.

So it looks like I'll be around in Jan and not sunning myself somewhere on a beach.


5 comments:

  1. Oh Suzi ,, I am so sorry hun :-( There must be loads of people in your situation ,, what a big disappointment for you :-(
    Hope you get your money back quickly so you can re book another fab holiday soon x x
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Suzi so sorry to hear you won't be able to take your scheduled trip - lets hope you get your money back asap.
    Hugs
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to read this Suzi - how disappointing for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Suzi I am so sorry for you hun what a huge disappointment for you. I am sure hubby will be thrilled that you put so much thought into a special celebration even if it can't happen as planned. Fingers crossed you get your money back soon
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo that Susie I was gobsmaked too about that airline!! what a bummer for you at this time of year too hope you get your cash back quick
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx