Sunday, February 28

A Special Mother



I'm back with my 2nd post today, I want to show you a very emotional card from me, it's taken me days to assemble. I knew what I wanted to do from following a few of challenge blog themes this week. It was just putting it together that was my problem.!!! Sadly I lost my Mum many years ago ( I was only 14) and since becoming an adult have always bought her a card and her favourite flowers, I keep them up for a few days in my bedroom.

This year is a little different, it's the first time I've ever actually made her a hand crafted card, and I wanted it to be really special. So this is my finished tribute, and I must say I do like the finished article. I'm sure she would too.

The image was just a sketch with no colour on it, I used my pebbles inc green, gold & pink chalks
to give it a vintage look. I then used my olive & burgandy Plaid blending chalks to colour the lace (which was white) the effect is quite striking. I used them to colour the two nesties inside the card which again was plain white card and just didn't match the theme. I will write a message on this, but that's private.

The rest of the embellishments and the recipe can be seen at the bottom of the post.

These are the Challenges that gave me the incentive to create this card:

1. Simon Says Challenge: Vintage with Flowers.
2.Paperplay Challenge: Mother
3. Allsorts Challenge: Mother
4. Digital Tuesday Challenge: Mum
5. Crafty Catz Challenge: Fancy Edge & Ribbon (ribbon is on the Tag)
6. Crafty Cardmaker Challenge: Colour - split complimentary, you will have to pop
over and have a look at the colour schemes available.
7. Tellen's Place: Anything Goes.
8 Abc Challenge: O = One paper
9. Everybody's Art Challenge: Easel Card
10. Polka Doodles Challenge: A shaped card.
11. Stamp Something Challenge: Designer paper, ribbon, button

Thank you to all the challenges above for your inspiration this week.
Hugs Suzi xx
Recipe:
DP: Gold Mirror card for base. K&Co 6x6 Isabella pad to cover
Image: digital sepia sketch from local craft store
Medium: Pebbles inc chalks & Plaid blending chalks
Tag: K&Co
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Lace & Ribbon: local haberdashery store (lace coloured with plaid chalks)
Nesti's: oval small & deckles rectangles large
CB embossing folder script
Sentiment: Cosmo Cricket.



29 comments:

  1. oh susie hun this realy is stunning hun your mum would really love it and you can see how much care and attention you have taken to put this card together hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous Suzie :-) I am so sorry to hear that you lost your mum at such a tender age ,,,but this just shows how much you still think about her :-) I am sure she would really love this card.

    sending BIG HUGS x x x

    Thanks for joining the ABC and Simon Says Stamp and ABC Challenges :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, what a gorgeous card, so pretty, thanks for playing along with craftycatz, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzi, your card is so incredibly beautiful - I really do love the vintage look and the image is so sweet - just makes me emotional! I love the delicate lace you chose - it is so perfect for the card. It's so hard to lose someone you love so dearly, especially your Mum. My heart goes out to you and I love that you make a card for your Mum. The papers are so sweet and the embossing fits in perfectly. (((Hugs))) Thanks for playing along with us at Tellen's Place (enter as often as you like)! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely poignant card Suzi. Its beautiful.

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Suzi, you have been busy. This is one of my favorite card from you. Love the gorgeous image and the lace is so so gorgeous. Beautiful! ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Suzie! I also lost my Mum when I was young (I was 10) so I know how it feels when Mothers Day comes every year :(
    Your Mum would of loved this though and I know she would of treasured it forever.
    Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
    Lora x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very beautiful card Suzi, I'm sure you Mum would have adored it, a very special way to remember.Warmest wishes Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi suzi.
    this is truly a beautiful card,made with love ,iam sure she would adore it,

    i do the same ,with the card and flowers hun i lost my mum too,i put mine on my blog sat ,
    happy crafting suzi
    keep smiling
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with the vintage card! Thanks for joining us at Tellens Place again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really detailed card. Beautiful.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzi - what a beautifully delicate card. I'm sorry to learn you had your Mum for such a short time, such a lovely sentiment to make the card.
    hugs
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the vintage look of this card. The lace and coloring and all of the layers. It is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful easel card! I love how you colored the lace. I'm so sorry about your mother--sending you a hug! Thank you for joining us at EAC!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Suzi

    Gorgeous card and i love your colour combo its fab i'm sure your mum would of loved it its really beautiful

    Take care

    Sal xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suzi, a simply stunning tribute to your Mom. Got shivers reading your post - thank you so much for sharing. This handcrafted card is just perfect. Sending you hugs.

    Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there suzi
    had to stop and leave you a comment after reading your blog,your card is a feast for the eyes its so beautiful.your mum would have been very proud.
    hugs chris x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. HiSuzi

    What a lovey card, I love what you have done with the lace to give it a wonderful aged feel.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodles and Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, beautiful card! Gorgeous the colours and the details! Love the lace and the image!:)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!

    Hugs, Tímea

    ReplyDelete
  20. A hat-trick Suzi... well done... i like vintage...alot!
    Thanks for playing at Tellens place again.
    xxx lynx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a beautiful card I love the lace it looks gorgeous a fantastic card for the memory of your mum!

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous vintage card Suzi!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  23. Suzi just found your blog and it's fab, I have added myself as a follower..if you have time you could check mine out too.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can see a lot of love and effort went into this card....and it really show's...it's beautiful, you have used some great techniques, I love the colours and the image is so fitting for MD
    Thank you for sharing your story and joining in our challenge this week.

    x
    Vicky

    Thanks for joining Craftycardmaker

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous card Suzi, I'm sure your mum would have loved it. The image is lovely and I love the vintage feel it's got.

    Love, Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Im sure your mum would be so proud of you and all that you have achevied. This is stunning hun, im so very touched by this. Thank you so much for choosing to share this with us at crafty cardmakers xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. So elegant and a lovely tribute to your mum. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the vintage - you've pulled it together beautifully. Thanks for playing along at polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  29. A really beautiful card Suzie and a lovely thing to do for your Mum too.
    Thanks for joining in with the Polka Doodles shaped card challenge.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx