Oh I've had fun yesterday and today altering my ice cream tub. I used these beautiful butterfly's for the first time last week and fell in love with them. They are available from The Crafty Pad and they come with the verse. I needed a gift box to hold my Daughters Birthday gift for the 1st of April (poor thing!!! well I couldn't hold on any longer lol) I decided to alter something already in my stash cupboard. I'm really pleased with the result. I'm delighted how the central flower turned out cause it was quite tricky to make.
The only thing I didn't like about it when it was finished was the wax inner rim, so I got my trusty sandpaper nail file out and filed it till it was slightly fluffy, then chalked it with pebbles inc glitter chalk. Perfect. I didn't want to use a birthday greeting because she is very like me and will want to use it to keep bits and bobs in. Anyway her card (not done yet) will be a matching one and that will have a Birthday sentiment on it.
You can find my tutorial on how I achieved this at The Crafty Pad Challenge Blog HERE
This falls into the category for quite a few challenges, so in no particular order here they are.
1. A Spoon full of Sugar Challenge: would like to see recycling used on your project.
2. La la Land Challenge: Pastel Colours this week
3. Oh la la Challenge: Anything goes this week.
4. Cupcake Challenge: Flower Power
5. Prairie Fairy Challenge: Roberta would like to see you using Tissue Paper somewhere on your project. Do pop over to see the exciting new things happening on the Blog.
6. Charisma Challenge: Beautiful Butterfly's please
7. Magical Crafts Challenge: Things with wings
8. Saturday Spotlight Challenge: would like to see slick. I have used glimmer mist on my butterfly's to give them a glossy look.
9. Crafty Creations Challenge: Make your own Flowers.
10. Saturday Secret Crafter Challenge: Anything goes in celebration of the new Secret Crafter cute stamp launch.
11. Paperplay Challenge: Seeing Double: either image or words I've used 4 butterfly's.
12. Totally Papercrafts Challenge: Things with wings this week.
13. Creatalicious Challenge: Make a little something
Thank you so much for visiting - do pop back and see me again soon.
Hugs Suzi xx
DP Papermania Blueberry Hill
Image: Butterfly's & Verse The Crafty Pad
Flower: Hand made using same DP
Nestie: small circle scallop
Sentiment: just rite
Ribbon: Fantastic Ribbon.co.uk
Brad: Trimcraft Pepper & Friends.
Chalks: pebbles inc.