Saturday, March 13

Anyone for Ice Cream. !!!!






Oh I've had fun yesterday and today altering my ice cream tub. I used these beautiful butterfly's for the first time last week and fell in love with them. They are available from The Crafty Pad and they come with the verse. I needed a gift box to hold my Daughters Birthday gift for the 1st of April (poor thing!!! well I couldn't hold on any longer lol) I decided to alter something already in my stash cupboard. I'm really pleased with the result. I'm delighted how the central flower turned out cause it was quite tricky to make.

The only thing I didn't like about it when it was finished was the wax inner rim, so I got my trusty sandpaper nail file out and filed it till it was slightly fluffy, then chalked it with pebbles inc glitter chalk. Perfect. I didn't want to use a birthday greeting because she is very like me and will want to use it to keep bits and bobs in. Anyway her card (not done yet) will be a matching one and that will have a Birthday sentiment on it.

You can find my tutorial on how I achieved this at The Crafty Pad Challenge Blog HERE

This falls into the category for quite a few challenges, so in no particular order here they are.

1. A Spoon full of Sugar Challenge: would like to see recycling used on your project.
2. La la Land
Challenge: Pastel Colours this week
3. Oh la la Challenge: Anything goes this week.
4. Cupcake Challenge: Flower Power
5. Prairie Fairy Challenge: Roberta would like to see you using Tissue Paper somewhere on your project. Do pop over to see the exciting new things happening on the Blog.
6. Charisma Challenge: Beautiful Butterfly's please
7. Magical Crafts Challenge: Things with wings
8. Saturday Spotlight Challenge: would like to see slick. I have used glimmer mist on my butterfly's to give them a glossy look.
9. Crafty Creations Challenge: Make your own Flowers.
10. Saturday Secret Crafter Challenge: Anything goes in celebration of the new Secret Crafter cute stamp launch.
11. Paperplay Challenge: Seeing Double: either image or words I've used 4 butterfly's.
12. Totally Papercrafts Challenge: Things with wings this week.
13. Creatalicious Challenge: Make a little something

Thank you so much for visiting - do pop back and see me again soon.

Hugs Suzi xx

Recipe:
DP Papermania Blueberry Hill
Image: Butterfly's & Verse The Crafty Pad
Medium: ProMarkers
Flower: Hand made using same DP
Nestie: small circle scallop
Sentiment: just rite
Ribbon: Fantastic Ribbon.co.uk
Brad: Trimcraft Pepper & Friends.
Chalks: pebbles inc.
Pearls: Kars
Tassle: LLB





37 comments:

  1. Wowzers I mean WOW-ZERS! This is amazing, never would have guessed it was an ice cream bucket. You rock!

    xoxox
    Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzie! Could you email me!

    Thanks! My address is on my blog.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzi
    now i bet you had to scoff the ice cream cause you needed the pot!! lol.
    Gorgeous creation hun, the flutterby is stunning, luv the sentiment, beautiful papers, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have 2 scoops! What a brilliant idea dn its gorgeous. I just love that lkayered butterfly on the top and the ice cream colours you have chosen.
    Truly delicious
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow suzi! this is the most gorgeous container i have ever laid eyes on! i love everything about it..... the colors are gorgeous, that butterfly is just to die for, and all your embellishments are fabulous. this is just holy moly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful project, lovely colours. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blimey Suzi, thats a very impressive altered piece, well done you!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW WOW what a gorgeous creation Suzi and love the design on your tub and the details, are just perfect, your daughter will love this package.

    Thank you for joining us over at Prairie Fairy Friday this week.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is amazing I love what you have done with your ice cream tub, the butterfly is fab and the colours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in at MCFC

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Suzi! what a cute goft box!! i would have never think of that before!! so nice :D!
    Agus

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzi - wow and wow again - I totally adore this altered tub. It is really stunning and I love how you have used my butterflies and verse - very creative. :) Your daughter will treasure it. :)
    Thank you ever so much for doing the Tutorial oni if for The Crafty Pad. :)

    xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol Suzi, I dont blame you for not holding on but I am sure your daughter doesnt mind deep down lol. Your gift for her is absolutely beautiful, I dont think I will look at one of these boxes in the same way again withot thinking of yours! thanks for joining us at totally papercrafts this week
    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Suzi what a stunning gift box. I wouldn't know where to start but it looks beautiful. Gorgeous flowery paper and the butterflies are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is totally amazing! The transformation is simply fantastic! Those butterflies are great! Wow, excellent job. Thanks for playing with us at FFF! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to rock all those challenges and what a cute project. This is so darling with those pastels... and out of an ice cream container! WOW, way to thing outside the box lol!
    Have a great weekend!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. STUNNING suzi, wow i tink it the most beautiful altered item i have seen
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW this is gorgeous,love the pretty paper and embellishments!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Wow that is so beautiful, the colours are stunning thank you so much for sharing this with us at Ooh La La I shall certainly be giving this a go
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  20. THAT is just STUNNING! way to go with the lid, which to me, is the most amazing detail of all!
    thanks for playing the charisma challenge!- kelly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous piece of altered art Suzi but what happened to the ice cream!!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at OLL. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just beautiful, so unusual. Thank for you joining us at OLL this time
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my word Suzi this is mouth wateringly beautiful you are showing such inspiration and creativity here thank you so much for sharing this with us at Prairie Fairy

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my word!!! Is this ever gorgeous or what?!!! I love love love that ice cream first of all!! TEE!! But what you've come up with so beautiful and so clever to boot!! Amazing!! thanks for sharing it with us at Saturday Spotlight!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations this week in our flowers challenge! Lovely project - very clever Suzi! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow Suzi this creation of yours is STUNNING. Love your layered butterflies and awesome central flower. Ooh I just keep scrolling back for another wee peep.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely altered ice cream tub, love those papers,I have them myself, they are so fresh, thanks for playing at MCFC, love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my gosh Suzi ... this is AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL! Now I have to go buy some ice cream so I can case this! What an awesome idea!! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight! WOWZA! I am so inspired!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow suzi thats stunning you just get better and better thanks for joining MCFC this time

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning altered tub... wow. Great project. She will be thrilled with it. A present in itself!

    Thanks so much for joining us over on Paperplay this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Suzi you have done it again - this is beautiful and you would never guess how it started out life. Well done on all the challenges it fits too.
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  32. that is sooo sweet
    Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is waaaaaaay cool! Suzi, you are so very creative. My eyes are now filled with beauty : ) Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays!
    Love and hugs ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  34. In answer to your question...I will have some!!
    I love your creation so creative!!Awesome take on the slick challenge. Thanks for joining us at the Sat. Spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Suz this is so cool!!! Man this beautiful creation or the ice cream? I would like to know can I have both? Would you decorate my ice cream container so that when I eat I will feel like a princess?!

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW...Amazing!!!

    Hugs- LORi

    ReplyDelete
  37. WOW this is beautiful, what a fabulous idea!! Gorgeous, Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx