Tuesday, March 30

Daughters Birthday Card




Hi again folks, I said I would be back today and here I am with the Birthday cards I've
created for my Daughter (Janie) who will be celebrating on Thursday the 1st April. She loves vintage style cards, but not the old fashioned images, so I've done my best to give this a vintage feel with a modern twist. I think she will like it. The papers were just plain brown and white and I used the same colour of ProMarker as Willows coat to colour in the inside of the flowers.
I think it worked quite well.

I made up the little bouquet of flowers into a spray from odd pieces of flowers, petals and pearls and used stickles to give a bit of glitter. I think it's lovely. Pearls and the lovely pleated chocolate ribbon just finishes the whole thing off. The sentiment I created on my computer.

Thanks for visiting, hope you come back and see me soon.

Hugs Suzi xx

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

1. Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: This week the theme is Flowers and I must say I am so glad that they are now allowing the combining of challenges. Do pop over and have a look at the new items they are introducing into the blog. Very exciting stuff indeed.

2. One Stitch at a Time Challenge: This week the theme is Vintage and stitchy are also having an Easter Egg hunt. Which I am going to try and join in if time permits. Oops!! looks like I was too late for this challenge. !!!

3. Prairie Fairy Friday Challenge: This week the theme is to make an Easel Card. I was very fortunate to be in the top spot last week and will be joining Roberta and the wonderful DT this week as a Guest Designer. How exciting is that. I've already made my card, but you will have to wait until Friday.

Recipe:
DP: Jessie Edwards (Boutique)
Image: WOJ Willow with heart
Medium: Promarkers
Flowers: A selection from Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls: Kars
Ribbon: local haberdashery store.

13 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous! i so like the brown & pink better than the black & pink and i always forget that combo!! go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it too...just popped on over from Stef H's to see you!

    handmade cards are the best way to say whatever it is we need to say! am I right!! lol

    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card suzi,lovely image and gorgeous papers,i bet your daughter loves it
    there is a little something on my blog for you
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card. Love how you have pleated the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous card...that image is so sweet! I love the pink & brown color combo!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I simply love the DP and pinks and browns are my fav together. Thanks for playing with us at FFF !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful Suzie!

    Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Suzi this is totally stunning what beautiful colours and image that flower display is awesome your daughter will love this so much thank you for joining our challenge at PFF this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card, I'm sure your daughter will love it!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥
    Dee (Spryte)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:o)
    Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pearl accents and the folded ribbon, nice touches! Great take on this weeks challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card. Love how you colored it to make it look vintage. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card, i love the vintagey feel and the weet image!
    I hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx