Sunday, March 7

A Gift Set for Mum





Morning everyone, here is my second post as promised, are you having a good weekend so far. I do hope so. I would like to share my DT project with your for this weeks challenge over at
The Crafty Pad. As you can see I've been doing a bit of recycling. I've used an empty cheese triangle box to decorate. I used sandpaper on it and distressed it to get rid of the outer colours. My poor dear Husband is terrified to throw anything out just now, every now and then he pops his head round the corner to ask if he can throw this or that away.

This weeks challenge is "CHARM" make a project for your Mum/Friend and include at least one charm in your creation. My little heart charm is hanging from the ribbon above the pearls. A nice easy spec this week, and in case you've forgotten Mother Day is next Sunday the 14th March.

I used the Butterfly and verse digital image from the Crafty Pad, the words are fantastic and those butterfly's were a joy to colour and glitter, there is a sprinkling of glitter on them but the camera is not picking it up very well. Do pop over and see the creations my Friends on the DT have for you. They are beautiful.

Thanks again to the following challenge blogs who gave me the ideas for creating the above.
1. Simon Says Challenge: Mothers Day/Girly
2. A Spoon full of Sugar Challenge: Beads
3. Tellens Place Challenge: Bling it
4. Creatalicious Challenge: Create a little something
5. Pollycrafts Challenge: Distressing
6. Quixotic Challenge: Add leaves
7. Cupcake Challenge: Round and Round
8. Magical Crafts Fortnightly Challenge: Things with Wings

Hope you all have a lovely day. Hugs Suzi xx

Recipe:


DP: Papermania colossal pack (Flowery
Image: Butterfly's with verse - The Crafty Pad
Medium: Promarkers & glamour dust
Nesti's labels 1
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon: Fantastic Ribbons .co.uk
Tag: K&Co
pearls, charm, leaves, lace - stash

19 comments:

  1. Woweeeeeeeeeeeeee these are brilliant Suzi Very pretty
    Did u enjoy the show? I never go hate crowds Send me a wee mail tell me what itwas like I get mad at myself! Thanks for joining MCFC

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,what a beautiful gift set,a great idea too recycling the cheese box....i love it:)

    thank you for joining us at pollycraft

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super-gorgeous set Suzi! Love those Papers and Butterflies. I'm sure Mum is going to love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Magical Crafts this time.
    Hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love this it's gorgeous, well done on the re-cycling too
    Thanks for joining in at MCFC this time

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh goodness Suzi you do turn the most banal things into works of art, this is soooo lovely it took my breath when I saw it.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Suzi the two pieces are absolutely stunning, gorgeous colours. And what a fab idea to alter a cheese triangle box.

    Thanks for joining in with both Magical Crafts and Pollycraft this week.

    Hugs

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous box and tag, the colours are so pretty and they are so elegant, thanks for playing at MCFC, love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Suzi, I would love to receive this set for Mother's day. It is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzi - thanks for a super gorgeous set this week for your DT work. It is beautiful and I love altered art so your altered cheese box is perfect. Really love how you have used the butterflies. :)

    xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzi, this is AMAZING! I love this design and the colors - such a gorgeous project and such a great job recycling that cheese container (I love that cheese). Your butterfly is amazing and the bling is just beautiful. Great job on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Tellen's Place! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your set is super gorgeous, really amazing.

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week.

    Hugs
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzi, this is gorgeous! I think your mom will love it! It's so beautiful! Thank you once again for joining us and supporting us each week at Tellen's Place.

    Hugs,
    Michelle B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. STUNNING... A BEAUTIFUL SET.
    Thank you for joining us at TELLENS PLACE this week.
    lynx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful set...your mum is sure to adore this lovely duo! Thanks so much for sharing your "little something" with us at Creatilicious.

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how pretty! I love the colours and detail.

    Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious this month.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG a stunning gift set!!! Such pretty colours and embellishments!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning giftset! Your mum will be thrilled with it! What a great idea using the cheese box to alter! Thanks for playing Quixotic Challenges-hope to see you again next week! Hugs, Rowena

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely job and great use of the cream cheese carton :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW WOW WOW. again this is beauiful. Love the colour combo and the butterflies are gorgeous. Exquisite design
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx