Wednesday, March 31

Vintage & Distressed + challenges



Hello All, Well I'm certainly not venturing out today, there is a severe weather warning for Scotland. A lot of roads are closed and there's thousands without electricity due the heavy snowfall last night and the gale force winds. Trees are down and my gazebo has disappeared. It's probably in a field somewhere. LOL!!

Nothing else to do but craft (not that I'm complaining) So I made this card today for a few challenges, I've used the wonderful butterfly and sentiment image from The Crafty Pad, I'm so loving them. I've made a hexagon shaped card which I think is very Victorian and a real lace doily which I've distressed with pink and green Plaid chalks, quite effective I think. The butterflies have been coloured with ProMarkers and then a splash of gold glitter added. I made the little spray of flowers just to top it all off. I'm quite pleased with the result.

The challenges are:

1. Simon Says Challenge: Distressing, I'm hoping this qualifies, I don't have any Tim Holtz items as yet, something I really need to get into, need to see if I can find a class.

2. Passion for ProMarkers Challenge: Would like to see two images, I've used 3 butterfly images.

3. Papertake Weekly Challenge: has an open theme this week

4. Digital Tuesday Challenge: would like you to use SCRAPS. I've used scrap paper which has been in my drawer for a few weeks, and the doily I bought ages ago and wasn't sure how to use it

5. Creative Card Crew Challenge: Would like to see Vintage this week
6. Allsorts Challenge: Would like to see either Altered or Recycled. My roses, leaf and berry are from an old Christmas Decoration. So I've recycled it.

7. Cute Card Thursday Challenge: Would like a lot of Dimensions on your project. I think the butterflies, doily and flowers give great dimension to my card.
8. A Spoon full of Sugar Challenge: Are looking for a shaped card, no square cards allowed.

9. Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: Are looking for Flowers this week

10. Crafts & Me Challenge: This is their first challenge and are looking for Wings. Do pop over and support them. The design team have some fab eye candy, and my friend Gina and fellow DT member is now one of their design team.

Thank you all so much for visiting, hope you'll come back and see me soon.

Hugs Suzi xx

Recipe: I used a burgandy pearlescant card as my base
DP: unknown (in a drawer with the other odd bits of paper)
Image: Butterfly & Verse The Crafty Pad
Medium: ProMarkers & gold glitter
Lace doily chalked with Plaid chalks
Flowers: rescued for an old Christmas Decoration.


31 comments:

  1. Suzi, This is so beautiful. I love Vintage card, and this one is just so beautiful and elegant! ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. snow? holy crap! i hope i never see snow again! it's like summer here! but you made the right decision to stay in & craft.

    be safe, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Suzi. Do keep safe up there and warm.
    Hugs
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, you are our very first ever entrant over at Crafts & Me. Thankyou for joining us with this gorgeous card!! Good luck!
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Suzi
    Thanks for joining us at PFP this week
    Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Suzi,what a gorgeous card i love the butterflies and great sentiment. Thankyou for joining us for Crafts and me,s 1st Challenge.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzi, what a pretty card. The butterflies are gorgeous and the shape of your card is fab. Great papers and the vintage style is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzu, what a pretty card.
    Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Good luck!
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzi, oh hunny this is stunning, very creative making a hexagon shaped card and yes your right very Victorian. Hope the weather has picked up! but then again what a lovely reason to craft all day! lol

    thank you so much for joining us at the Creative card crew, hope to see you back again soon
    love emma GDT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely project Suzi - butterflies are fab! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning!

    Thanks for joining us this week at PTW.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Susie I will pinch some of these Challenges just put Stichys Stunning new image on and Ive distressed it I will be listing it again on paperlay day tomorrow How are you hun? Are you going away for Easter?
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Suzi,thanks for joining us at PfP this week with your gorgeous card! :)

    Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what super butterflies. Love how you have coloured them and the shaped card. Thanks for joining us on our 1st challenge at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely project Suzi! Suck lovely words, colours and butterflies!
    Hugs,
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful card, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥
    Dee (Spryte)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what a stunning card Suzi i love the shape and those butterflies are beautiful. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh such a gorgeous card Suzi. Love the butterflies and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Suzi This is gorgeous, love the Sentiment and gorgeous butterflies. If you pop over to my blog you could win a sweet pea stamp hun. Thanks for joining the Crafts and Me Challenge this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW Suzi! This is beautiful!! Your distressing is FABULOUS!! I love the shape of it and your butterflies are gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!!
    Chris & the DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow Suzi this is stunning I love that shape of card and the verse and butterflies are awesome this one really appeals to me a lot.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Suzi this is so pretty I love the butterflies and that sentiment is perfect :D

    Thank you for joining us at crafts and me and good luck.

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful and I love the delicate feel to this card! Great take on this weeks challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card and so pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at PFP & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card Suzi, lov ethe shape and pretty papers.Happy Easter, Hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great card. Love your flower. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely design Suzi, so elegant. Thanks for joining in with Crafts & Me's 1st challenge and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  30. whata beautiful card Suzi - I love the buterflies

    Thanks for taking part at Creative Card Crew
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx