Hello All, Well I'm certainly not venturing out today, there is a severe weather warning for Scotland. A lot of roads are closed and there's thousands without electricity due the heavy snowfall last night and the gale force winds. Trees are down and my gazebo has disappeared. It's probably in a field somewhere. LOL!!
Nothing else to do but craft (not that I'm complaining) So I made this card today for a few challenges, I've used the wonderful butterfly and sentiment image from The Crafty Pad, I'm so loving them. I've made a hexagon shaped card which I think is very Victorian and a real lace doily which I've distressed with pink and green Plaid chalks, quite effective I think. The butterflies have been coloured with ProMarkers and then a splash of gold glitter added. I made the little spray of flowers just to top it all off. I'm quite pleased with the result.
The challenges are:
1. Simon Says Challenge: Distressing, I'm hoping this qualifies, I don't have any Tim Holtz items as yet, something I really need to get into, need to see if I can find a class.
2. Passion for ProMarkers Challenge: Would like to see two images, I've used 3 butterfly images.
3. Papertake Weekly Challenge: has an open theme this week
4. Digital Tuesday Challenge: would like you to use SCRAPS. I've used scrap paper which has been in my drawer for a few weeks, and the doily I bought ages ago and wasn't sure how to use it
5. Creative Card Crew Challenge: Would like to see Vintage this week
6. Allsorts Challenge: Would like to see either Altered or Recycled. My roses, leaf and berry are from an old Christmas Decoration. So I've recycled it.
7. Cute Card Thursday Challenge: Would like a lot of Dimensions on your project. I think the butterflies, doily and flowers give great dimension to my card.
8. A Spoon full of Sugar Challenge: Are looking for a shaped card, no square cards allowed.
9. Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: Are looking for Flowers this week
10. Crafts & Me Challenge: This is their first challenge and are looking for Wings. Do pop over and support them. The design team have some fab eye candy, and my friend Gina and fellow DT member is now one of their design team.
Thank you all so much for visiting, hope you'll come back and see me soon.
Hugs Suzi xx
Recipe: I used a burgandy pearlescant card as my base
DP: unknown (in a drawer with the other odd bits of paper)
Image: Butterfly & Verse The Crafty Pad
Medium: ProMarkers & gold glitter
Lace doily chalked with Plaid chalks
Flowers: rescued for an old Christmas Decoration.