Tuesday, April 13

A Little Cutie Pie + challenges



Hi All, disappointing weather today, we have gone from 21 degrees yesterday to 9 degrees today, with a sharp wind. Heating is back on!!! I've managed to get a bit of crafting done in the last hour or so, had my twin Grandson's yesterday for a sleep over and they went home a couple of hours ago.

We did have fun though, we made cakes, planted some bulbs, went to the park, had chocolate, popcorn and juice while we watched their latest DVD.

I've created this card for a few challenges. Although I will say that Passion for Promarkers started me off with their intriguing theme this week. Make your own background using Promarkers only. These are the colours I've used on the paper. I must admit I didn't do it all from scratch. The paper had small gray squares on it. But I used my gray promarkers to shade them out a bit and then the other colours to fill in the centres. I embossed a nesti label 11 with my CB script embossing folder and then went over the raised letters with Cocktail Pink.

The image I've used is Tilda, which I won from the lovely Tasha (Millie's Magic Moments) when she was celebrating her Christmas Day Birthday with some gorgeous Candy. Isn't she just adorable.

Well that' s all for now my dears, I really need to crack on with my DT cards and projects for the coming week. I've managed 2 but still have another 2 to start. I hope you all have a lovely day. If you've popped in to see me, thank you, do come back soon.

Hugs Suzi xx

Challenges:

1. Passion for Promarkers Challenge: Make your own background using Promarkers.

2. Just Magnolia Challenge: Punch it out. I've used my small tag punch and my 1" sentiment punch.

3. The Pink Elephant Challenge: 1 Image-2 dies-3 embellishments, I've used ribbon, bow and button, and my tag.

4. Cupcake Craft Challenge: Childhood Memories, One of my favourite things to do when I was little was colour in. I always had loads of books and crayons, I could always be found at the dining room table with my colouring books.

5. Creative Card Crew Challenge: Would like to see a Happy Birthday project this week

6. Papertake Weekly Challenge: Are looking for a little Cutie Pie. I think this image is so cute.

7. Our Creative Corner Challenge: Are looking for bows this week.

8. Crafty Cardmakers Challenge: would like you to challenge yourself by trying a new technique, this is the first time I've made my own backing paper. Hope that counts girls.

Recipe:
DP: Mostly Me.
Image: Magnolia Tilda
Medium: Promarkers
Nestie's Labels 11 - Circle scalloped
Punches: 1" circle small tag punch
CB script embossing folder
Ribbon: Fantastic Ribbons.co.uk
Button: Stash
Sentiment: Justrite
Tools: bowmaker

23 comments:

  1. Oh this is cute!I love how you have used this stamp! She looks fabulous. The colours are realy pretty too.

    Ah its so lovely that you had your grandsons over and did such fun things! Its always fun to get the little ones helping in the garden and baking
    lov tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Suzi. I love your own background paper too
    Love sarah XXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzi, I love what you did to the paper. That is a great Idea, adding your own color! I love it. You've made that bow so perfect, Beautiful card. ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzi, this is brilliant!! I love your take on the challenge!! :) Thanks for joining us for this tricky challenge at PfP this week :)

    Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi suzi wonderfull cards you make.
    I will follow your blog.
    will you come and visite mY blog to.
    my name is arina and I come from holland.
    greattings from arina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card Suzi. Hope it warms up for you!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft with such a delightful card ! Love the soft colours... Thanks for sharing your special memories too ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's like a big bowl of candy! Love your card to bits. It's just great!
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete
  9. O wow Suzi, love your card ... and the background... Me too is thinking so much about this week's theme at the Passion for Promarkers.. don't know yet what I'll be doing. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzi fabby card - love the image but your DP is fantastic. :)

    xxDebbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, fabulous background.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Suzi this is totally gorgeous I just love how you have done the background which of course fits in with the Tilda image perfectly this is great work.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suzi, what a pretty card. Love the background - such a clever idea and your image is adorable. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. so cute, great card....have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh such a fabulous card Suzi. Love how you did the background and the design also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! love the colours. Thanks for playing along with Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet card and I love how you have done the background, fab take on the challenge.
    Thanks for joining us at PFP & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree the image is very cute and your card is too. Thanks for joining in the Papertake Weekly this week and good luck.

    Hugs Renate - GDT Papertake Weekly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this Tilda and the colour scheme is gorgeous! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely card Suzi
    thanks for joining us at pfp this week and good luck
    have you thought about trying out for the pfp dt call? deyails on the blog
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a fun card, love the colours and the image

    Thanks for joining in at Cupcake this week
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. A gorgeous card Suzi. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your background looks fab, really effective :D. Lovely card Suzi x


    Well done on challenging yourself at Crafty Cardmakers x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx