Friday, May 7

Fairy Fun Friday Challenge - 1st DT Project




Good Morning friends

It is my utter pleasure to be showing you my 1st official DT project for the
Prairie Fairy Fun Friday Challenge. I'm still pinching myself that I was chosen to work along side such talented ladies and looking forward to getting to know them all over the coming weeks.

At the moment I am not actually here. I am 4 days into my week long break in Sunny Spain and I am crossing my fingers, toes, eyes and anything else than can be crossed in the hope that my schedule post has been successful.

The Theme this week at Fairy Fun Friday is to RECYCLE, which I love doing. I have a cupboard full of items that were destined for the bin just waiting to be given a new lease of life.

I chose to recycle this old dull picture frame. I borrowed my hubby's little mouse sander and took the dull brown finish off, I then used a sponge with pink and blue permanent pigment ink to stain the raw wood. The DP is K & Co classic K Bailey, The lace I bought from my local haberdashery store. I didn't have a blue flower to compliment the colour theme but I had a cream one and used the same Promarker that I used to colour my Fairy's dress and it worked a treat. The image is the sweet Sitting Pretty Fairy available at



Just click on the banner to take you to the store and have a look at the wonderful images created by our amazingly talented Roberta who is The Prairie Fairy.


Do please pop over and visit the other new DT members, take a minute to look at all the beautiful creations they have made for you and join in the fun with us this week.

Roberta is a very generous Hostess, there are lots of prizes up for grabs.

Random Winner will have the choice of 5 images from Prairie Fairy Designs

# 1st Spot Winner will have the choice of 3 images from Prairie Fairy Designs
and a wonderful badge to display on their blog

#3 spot winners will also receive a top 3 badge to display on their blogs.

Thank you so much for visiting,

Hugs Suzi x
Recipe:
DP: K&Co classic K Bailey
Image: Sitting Pretty Fairy ~ Prairie Fairy Designs
Medium: Promarkers & Glamour dust for wings
Lace: local haberdashery store
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Sentiment: Justrite
Nestie's circle small & circle scallops
Chipboard heart & butterfly: local haberdashery store










6 comments:

  1. another great repurposed project Suzi. hope you are enjoying your hol.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi! I love your project! That lace border is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful project Suzi love the colours you used for the frame. The lace is fabulous so are the flowers and butterfly a great début.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This frame is gorgeous Suzi! Hope you are having a fabulous holiday!

    xooxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so wonderful, Suzi!! I love the vintage feel to it - the lace is beautiful as is the DP you used! You totally ROCKED this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx