Sunday, May 30

Hot and Spicy Tilda



Hello my lovelies, Hope you are all having a great weekend. I wanted to show you my card and ask your opinion too please on the skin colour.

I took my inspiration for this card from Just Magnolia challenge. They wanted hot and spicy this week. I was thinking food colours such as cardamon, saffron, cinnamon, green peppercorns etc

I asked my Daughters opinion on what colours to choose and she came up with the idea of colouring a little Asian Tilda. I must say I was a but stumped as to what skin tones to use, but I'm always up for a challenge and this is the end result. I used Dusky pink, blush and oatmeal.

I'm quite pleased with the result although the cheeks area hasn't been as prominent as I'd have liked. It's something I can work on.

I am entering her into the following challenges:

1. Just Magnolia Challenge: are looking for hot and spicy this week

2. Sketch and Stash challenge: I followed their lovely sketch - turned it on it's side. My new stash is my Marianne creatables, flowers and swirls. Also my new ribbon from Fantastic Ribbons. This is the first time I've used this Magnolia stamp too.

3. Magnolia Down Under Challenge: This week are looking for flowers.

4. One Stitch at a Time Challenge: Are looking for something new. My stamp, my Marianne Creatable flowers and my Ribbon are all new.

5. Stamp Something Challenge: Have a recipe this week of Tag, Ribbon, Bow and DP.

6. Passion for Promarkers challenge: Are celebrating their 1st Anniversary with an open theme and some fantastic prizes from lots of wonderful sponsors. They have also announced the new DT members this week, boy are we all in for a treat when they make their Debut.

7. Creative Craft Challenge: Are looking for Ribbon & Bows this week.

8. Incy Wincy Designs Challenge: Are looking for you to Button up.

I think that's all for me for today, but I'm sure we will catch up tomorrow.

Suzi xx

Recipe:

DP: K& Co. Roam - DCWV texture card for mounting
Image: Magnolia Tilda
Medium: Promarkers
Nestie's: labels 8
Flowers leaves & swirls : Mariannes creatables
Ribbon: Fantasticribbon.co.uk
Tag: hand made
Sentiment: computer
Button & bow: stash
Brads: Dovecraft.



16 comments:

  1. Ooo Suzie this is gorgeous love these hot and spicy colours and of course Tilda looks amazing so do those flowers great card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi, what a pretty card. Love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our anniversary challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzi, what a sweet card. Tilda is adorable in her patched pants and ribbon, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi suzi,you can enter as many times as you want but of course with different projects,
    i think your tilda looks great, as you say its sometimes a little hard to get the skin colours right but she looks great, thanks for playing along at creative craft challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzi I love your colour combo and I soooo love this tilda!! Great flowers too!! YOur card is so FAB!! Thanks for joining in this week at MDUC
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i love this card,fabuous colours and papers and i love the skin tone:)

    thank oyu for joining us at sketch and stash

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super - great shading!! Thanks for joining in our celebrations at PFP this week - best of luck!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Suzi....I adore your Asian Tilda.....her cheeks might be a little more prominent indeed....love the DP and all your details!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally cute! Love the way you colored her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh susie hun this is one fab card cute image too thanks for joining us at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the coloring of the image...great creation.
    Thanks for playing OSAAT. smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute Tilda Suzi~~Lovely coloring!! Isn't it fun to try different techniques :0) Adds spice to our fun.
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so adorable Suzi! When I post my Tilda card tomorrow, you'll se that we have entered a lot of the same challenges (LOL). I'm so glad I get to work with u again as a collegue for PF DT!!XXX Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! love the papers and this image is beautiful! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card, lovely new stamp too!Thank you for joining OSAAT's 'New' Challenge this week!
    ((Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the colours you have used on this striking card, lovely! I am supposed to be making some cards but can't tear myself away from looking at all the great creations on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx