Saturday, June 19

Ahoy there Matey!!



Hi again friends, well this is my second post today, I've been working on this little creation for a couple of days now for the Simon Says Challenge. I thought doing a pirate card would be easy peasy especially as I had the images. How silly am I. I didn't have any pirate papers or stash of any form for it.

But never say die me hearties!! I wanted to do blue and yellow as this is for a wee boy from a wee girl. So I coloured the images with my promarkers, then started searching for the paper, I came across a fragment of claire curd yellow signature paper I bought when it was released early in 2009. I'm so grateful for my scrap stash box. The sentiments were easy, I printed them off the computer and then with a ticket stamp (I removed the saying on the inside) I stamped round the words.

Now for some embellishments, Mm..... so this morning I went into Microsoft word and downloaded a couple of clip arts, I coloured the blue chest with promarkers and the little yellow one came already coloured. The boat I made on the computer using shapes and the colour pallet in word. Hey Presto!! I had it done. I'm quite pleased with the result and I'm sure that Stuart will love it.


I am entering it into two challenges and they are:

1. Simon Says Challenge: this week it is a Pirate theme and if you are struggling like me with the theme then pop over to Martine's blog, she has created some lovely papers and embellishments to help you with the challenge. I had nearly finished mine, but I've downloaded them anyway, they are fabulous.

2. Paperplay Challenge: Are looking for Something Old this week, my paper is over a year old.

Thank you so much for popping in to see me, please leave me a comment to let me know you visited.

Suzi xx

Recipe:
DP: CC signature & Laura Ashley Love Song
Image: Magnolia Pirate Stamps
Medium: Promarkers
Sentiment & embellishments: computer.
Xcut scallop border punch.

10 comments:

  1. LOVE this oh so cleverly created card Suzi!!
    How inventive! You would think this was made from a kit it's so well co-ordinated!!
    Hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Suzi........soo much time spent on a card.......but it's all worth it........it's a gorgeous, amazing card!!! *claps*
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. oMgosh..........this is so great! I love it. I am pondering that challenge too. I sooooooo love the colors! & that little ticket sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a fabulous card Suzi, with the pirate images... well done..xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the tickets you used! They are a perfect touch. Great job on coloring these two also!!
    Thanks for joining Simon Says Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super card Suzi - the tickets go so well and of course coloured beautifully and co-ordinating together so well.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card looks absolutely fantastic! I love the blues and yellows!! Great set up too :)

    Thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, Suzi - a gorgeous card, and some very clever solutions to your stash shortage too!!

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Suzi :-) yes ,, I am sure Stuart will LOVE this :-) very clever to find clip art embellies ,, I am useless on comps ,, so never think of that ! :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun pirate card - Love it Suzi.

    Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay again this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx