Sunday, June 27

Creative Inspirations Challenge 37 - Paper Piecing




Good Morning Dears, I hope you are having a lovely weekend, over at Creative Inspirations today we have a brand new challenge and it was my turn to choose the theme. I've opted for Paper Piecing, it's one of my favourite techniques but I don't do it often enough.

I've gone with my Belles & Whistles Sisters stamp and used promarkers for the skin and then paper pieced the blouses, trousers and the little hat using the same papers as I've used for the main card. I've even pieced the little patches on their trousers in a different paper. I think it looks good. The flowers are marianne's creatabilities cut from the same paper and sprayed with crafters companion iridescent spray & sparkle. The swirl die is from mariannes creatabilities too and is cut using DCWV textured card. The full recipe is below this post.

Our Sponsor this week is the lovely Debbie from The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs and she is giving you the chance of winning some of her wonderful images. Do pop over and take a peek you won't be disappointed. Just click on the picture below to take you there.


Thanks a bunch for popping in to visit, I hope you enjoyed your stay and that you'll come back and see me soon. I'll be back later with another DT card for The Crafty Pad challenge.

Bye for now
Suzi x


Challenges Entered are:

1. Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge 59 (MMSC59): I followed the amazing sketch this week.

2. Belles & Whistles Challenge: Have a colour theme this week of Pink/Brown/White.

3. Cupcake Craft Challenge: Have a theme of Strawberry's & Cream

4. The Crazy Challenge: would like to see Spots this week

5. Creative Craft Challenge: Would like us to Stamp it Up.

6 Creative Card Crew Challenge:
Would like an Easel card this week.


7. The Creative Cottage Challenge: Would like Pearls and Swirls this week.

Recipe:
DP: Dovecrafts Piece of Cake
Image: Belles & Whistles - Sisters
Medium: Promarkers for skin tones
Nesties: labels one
Swirls: mariannes creatabilities
Flowers: mariannes creatabilities sprayed with spray and sparkle
Butterfly: MS punch
Pearls: crafts for all occasions

16 comments:

  1. Hi Suzi, this is lovely, fantastic paper piecing and gorgeous image, thanks for joining us at creative craft, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card love the colour combo & the LO is great
    Thanks for joining us this week at 'The Crazy' good luck Hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooooooooo freakin' cute man! I love all the piecing you did! Pinks & browns, spots & stripes ! woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful job, thanks so much for playing along with us at the crazy challenge!!!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is brilliant hun really love this too bits,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your cards Suzi they're just so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzi this is a great card! I love all of your details and that Sisters stamp is one of my favorites! Thank you for joining us at Belles N Whistles and good luck!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzi,
    Oh My...look at what you did to that stamp!!!
    So gorgeous! The paper piecing of their cute little outfit is amazing! and her Bracelet too! I love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Belles 'n Whistles, hope to see you back on our next challenge.
    Luv,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzi, this is so, so, so ADORABLE and BEAUTIFUL!! I love your sweet image, paper piecing, swirls, butterflies, flowers and the inside of the easel card is just as beautiful as the front. You did an INCREDIBLE job on the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

    Thanks SO MUCH for playing and hope you can come out and play with us again next week!

    Hugs
    pam
    MMSC-GD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzi!! This is so sweet! I love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soooo sweet! I love it! And your paper piecing is AMAZING!!! Whew! Thank you so much for joining us at Belles 'n Whistles and hope you'll keep playing in our challenges! :)

    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work! I love your paper piecing too :) Thanks for joining the Belles N Whistles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful - perfect for our challenge this week x
    Thanks for joining us this week at the creative cottage challenge blog x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty card!! I love your swirls and pearls!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week!!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suzi, I just love your adorable easel card. That image is just so sweet. Great colors and embellishments too! Great job with the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab pink card and love the stamping and paper piecing.Thanks for joining us at creative craft challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx