Sunday, June 6

Sweet Surprise For Dad



I've made this card for a few challenges but I hummed and hawed over using the ribbon and the flower simply because it's for a Dad. Then I thought well, men like flowers "don't they".

I have stuck to masculine colours though!! and kept the design to a minimum. Oh well, diddly Ho! it was made with love for one of my friends little boys (he's only 3) and he actually looks like the little fellow in the image. I'm sure his Daddy will love it.

I bought this gorgeous stamp a few weeks ago from Jude, this is the first opportunity I've had to ink him up and colour him. He is just adorable with his little dicky bow and his patches.

I am entering him into the following challenges:

1. Belles 'n' Whistles Challenge:
They are looking for flowers

2. Simon Says Challenge: Are looking for a Fathers Day/Male card this week.

3. Crafts and Me Challenge: Would like to see distressing, I've torn my DP

4. One Stitch at a Time Challenge: Have a theme this week of Boys to Men. A project for the man in your life, whether it be a Son, Dad, Boyfriend, Grandad etc.


Have a wonderful day everyone.

Suzi x

Recipe:
DP: K&Co hopscotch
Image: Belles 'n Whistles: Surprise
Medium: Promarkers
Nestie: labels 8
Flower: Marianne's Creatables.
Ribbon: fantasticribbons.co.uk
Word: papermania's Alpha minis foam stickers.

23 comments:

  1. great card Suzi......both the little boy and the father will love it.......your flower is fab for a male's card!!!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzi, I love it, he is so adorable and of course your coloring is beautiful, perfect color choices..thank you hun once again for sharing with us gals' at OSAAT - good luck!!

    stitch xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. believe me, when DAD gets this from his daughter he'll love the flowers & ribbon! it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just precious...love the colors you used too. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card , I love the sweet image
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is really great! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzi, thanks for your nice comment on my blog! I love your card, too, it's sooo cute!
    Take care, ~Ira

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow susie hun this is gorjus the image the colurs the deatail hun super love hugs cheryl x thanks for joining us at OSAAT too hun,oh meant to ask you sweetie have you got a cuttlebug,just wanted to know what they are like thats,all,if you have one can you email me please,as would love some info on this,
    twiglet44@twigelt44.plus.com,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect card Susie, I love the colour! Thank you for joining OSAAT's 'Boys to Men' Challenge!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Suzi! The colours are just fabulous and we love the sweet image!
    Love and hugs
    Emma and Susan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzi, This turned out great! Your colors are really nice. Thanks for playing with us at our first Belles N Whistles challenge. Good luck!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Suzi :-) The image is adorable and I don't see anything wrong with using flowers and ribbons on 'men's' cards :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card Suzi! Great DIY flowers! I love the colors you've used! Thank you so much for joining us in the Belles 'n Whistles challenge!

    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card love thew image and the colours are fab. Thanks for joining us at crafts and Me for this weeks challenge. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Indeed I'm sure his dad will adore it - a lovely card! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just a darling card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Suzi this is a gorgeous card - love that image and those DP you have used. :)

    xxDebbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Suzi, such a sweet image and fab colours you've used, and you so right men do like flowers too
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Suzi, sorry i have been such a bad blogger! I have 6 challenge posts a week to make and thats really got me chasing my tail!

    Love this card, such a fun and striking colour combo and the image is so adorable! How precious is that flower. I love the layout too
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sure it'll go down a storm Suzi even with the bow and flowers hun. Thanks for joining us here at OSAAT once again and good luck in the other challenges too.
    Take care
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely card, the image is soft and papers are bold, nice balance :)

    Thanks for playing at Crafts & Me challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this card. Guys, like ribbons and flowers. Your's add the perfect touch, not frilly at all. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Susie you certainly have done justice to that wee stamp .Gorgous card and love all the attention to detail good luck in the challenges
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx