Monday, July 12

Flowery Wedding + Challenges





Good Morning my Lovelies, Wooohooooo.... the sun is shining today, after 4 days of torrential rain and howling winds it's so so lovely to see that bright glow in the sky. Even better because I have my twin ( 6yr old ) Grandson's coming today for a two day sleepover. It will be a lot easier to amuse them with the sun shining, we can go to the play park and have a picnic.

I was stuck indoors all day yesterday so I made a couple of cards, this first one is for a friend who needed a wedding card, but something a little special. I knew the colour scheme I wanted and the image. It took a little time to put together, but I'm pleased with the finished result.

The recipe for the card is at the end of the post. It qualifies for quite a few challenges and they are

1. Totally Tilda Challenge: This is my third entry for the month, Susie is allowing us 4 entries in the month - so just one more to go. I'm loving this Chocolate colour theme, but I'm running out of papers.!! I feel a shopping trip coming on.

2. Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge: This is their Debut challenge and I'm so delighted that they are now up and running. I think Wild Orchid flowers are a favourite of many of us here on blogger. The prize is a wonderful assortment of their lovely goodies and the theme this fortnight is
"Say it with Flowers.

3. The Pink Elephant Challenge: Are looking for a Pocket card for this week, I know this is a Criss Cross card I'm entering, but it does have a pocket. Hope it qualifies.

4. Flutter by Wednesday Challenge: Danni and the girls are back and they have an open theme this week, so long as there is a butterfly, fairy or angel in your project.

5. The ABC Challenge: This week the letter Y is for You and Me. Two stamps on your card or two images. Perfect for a wedding or anniversary theme.

6. I did it Creations Challenge:
Have the theme this week of A Special Occasion.

Well that' s all from me just now, the boys will be here shortly, I probably won't see you now until they are tucked up in bed tonight. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Suzi xx

Recipe:
DP: DCWV textured card for base
Pm Claire Curd signature DP's
Image: Tilda and Edwin
Medium: Promarkers
Nestie's Labels 1
Nellie's Multi frame Oval
CB: embossing folder Divine Swirls
Flowers: Marianne creatable die cuts
Roses: Choc/coffee/cream: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon & Lace from local haberdashery store (remnant kings)
Butterfly's MS punch
Stickles for glittering flowers and butterfly's

22 comments:

  1. Hi Suzi, I love this wedding card. I like that you used colors that you don't see often for this type of card. Thanks for joining us at I did It Creations challenges.

    Have a fun with your twin grandsons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful creation Suzi! I love the flowers u punched with the DPs. Sweeet! It's just perfect! Thanks again for playing at TT's! xoxo Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really amazing Suzi.....love all your details...enjoy the stay of the twins!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous!! Love this! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning work, love the flowers!!! thanks so much for playing along with IDIC.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous card Suzi, fabulous choice of colours. Thanks for joining us at ABC.
    Hugs
    Clare
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Suzi a super super make, love your flowers, the whole design is fab and love the colours too.
    Hugs Betty x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with these polka dot flowers, so creative Suzi, this is gorgeous! thanks for joining Totally Tilda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one beautiful creation! The colors, the flowers, well everything is awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at FBW this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card and your shading is fab
    Thanks for joining in our first challenge at the Totally Tilda Challenge
    Hugs Susie & the TT DT XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabby card love the browns x
    you should come and show your work on www.fiskarettes.co.uk it's a craft blog for everyone and I'm sure all the Fiskarettes would love to see your cards too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is simply out of this world..I love the colours you have used and the Magnolia wedding couple are divine..The embellishments are beautiful too :) Love it xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzi your card is beautiful hun, so very pretty, love everything.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda for our very first challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is gorgous! Very nicely done. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card. Brown is one of my favorite colors! I love Tilda and Edward! Thanks for playing with us at I Did It Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Suzi - another fabby card in that yummy colour combo - just love it - Thanks for joining us at I did it Creations this week
    Hugs,
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love browns in projects, this is stunning.
    thanks for playing in the IDIC challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Suzi this is absolutely stunning firstly I just adore the colours you have used, secondly those flowers are beautiful and thirdly the image is superb.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG... This is gorgeous! I love it!!! Thanks for joining us at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!! This is GORGEOUS!! Tilda & Edwin are so sweet!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at TPE this week!!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beauty, those are some awesome flowers!
    Thanks for joining the first ever Wild Orchid challenge, we hope to see you back next time!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx