Wednesday, July 28

K.K's Movie Star


Hi Friends, It's been ages and ages since I made a card specifically for a challenge, I do enter challenges but they are based on my DT cards/projects for that week.

It's my Great Niece's 16th Birthday soon and I was going through my stamps and digi images to see what I could find for her. She is not into sweet or cutie, she is a Sassy 16yr old with attitude. So I went browsing the net to try and find something, look what I found - the perfect image from Kenny K.

She is called Movie Star and is ideal for my purpose. I used promarkers to colour her, the Hair is actually French Navy and not black as in the picture. I used Kaban DP's and DCWV texture card for the background. The purple and dark blue embellies on the corners are actually stud earring and I just cut off the studs. The little green sticks are wooden coffee stirrers, I cut them and coloured with lime green promarker. The sentiment is from Create with TLC. I finished it off with prima flowers and a few gems.

Thank for popping in to see me, hope you enjoyed your visit..

Suzi x

Challenge Entered:

Kenny K's Krafty Girlz Challenge: I followed the fab sketch from Donna

Recipe:
DP: Kaban & DCWV
Image Kenny K's Movie Star
Medium: Promarkers & Tiara glitter pen for cuffs and collar
Nestie's: oval small and oval scallop (image) small circle & scallop (sentiment)
Sentiment: Create with TLC
Flowers & embellishments: Stash.

8 comments:

  1. what a fab card Suzi, love the colours you have used especially the blue hair - very movie star indeed.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card! I love the hair and that glitzy barrette is the perfect topper! AND that sentiment is awesome! Thanks for joining us this week at KKKGC ;D

    Hugz,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI SUZY! LOVE YOUR CARD! gorgeous! can you please contact me regarding GDT for Cowgirl Up IMages? I would like to get you an image to work with for this weekends challenge and image release.
    queenlarubba@yahoo.com
    Looking forward tyo having you as a GDT!
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Suzi. This is so great. Gotta love the attitude images! Great DP & bling. She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Suzi this is absolutely gorgeous what a fabulous design and I adore the papers and colours and of course that image looks fantastic.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh she is definitely sassy with an attitude! i love her eye shadow!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzi, well your niece is definitely going to like our Movie Star. You've done a super job with this card. Love all the glitzy bits. Thanks for joining us at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz this week, hope to see you next week too. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool card Suzi, i love the colour combo and the image is really funky
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx