Friday, July 30

Prairie Fairy Fun Fridays - A 3d Creation





Good Afternoon my Friends, Well TGIF, I've had a trying week with sick Grandchildren, unexpected visitors, my DH who is not very well, I've been running around like a chicken without it's head. On top of all that I had 5DT projects and 1 GDT project to complete for this week. I'm just so glad the week for me is over.

Anyway I digress!!! It's Friday and that means there is another wonderful challenge over at
Prairie Fairy Fun Fridays. The theme for this week is a 3d project. I know mine could be classed as altered art, which I suppose it is, but to me 3d means anything raised or jutting out of the project.

I bought three of these 10" x 10" canvases, they cost me £1.00 for the three of them, about 50 cents, I was going to hang them in the kitchen but they didn't match the colour scheme so I decided to use them to make myself some Christmas wall hangings, I love decorating my home at Christmas time.


The image I've used is Roberta's beautiful Sugarplum Fairies (available HERE) , aren't these girls adorable, I love how they are giving and receiving the sugarplum gift. Anyway I printed them out 4 times, used promarkers for the skin tones and the hair, and then two different contrasting papers to paper piece their dresses. The rest of the recipe is below this post.

You MUST go visit Fairy Fun Friday and see the absolutely beautiful projects my friends on the DT have created for you this week, they are astonishing and I am so proud to be working with these very talented ladies.

Thank you for popping in to visit, I do hope you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to reading your comments on my little creation.

Suzi x

Other Challenges Entered (in no particular order)

1. Wild Orchid Craft Challenge: Would like us to use Lace this fortnight.

2. ABC Design Blog Challenge: Would like to see Paper Piecing

3. Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: Would like Christmas in July

4. Cupcake Craft Challenge: Are looking for a Pastel Christmas

5. Lexi's Creations Challenge: Are looking for Paper Piecing this time

6. Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge: Would like Fairy Tales this time round

7. Digital Tuesday Challenge: Would like to be dazzled this week ( I have lots of glitter and gems)

8. Tellen's Place Challenge: The theme is Christmas in July

9. Flutter by Wednesday Challenge: Has an open theme this week, but you must include either a butterfly, angel or fairy in your project.

10. ABC Christmas Challenge: Would like to see Presents and Lace.

11. I love Promarkers Challenge: Are looking for Christmas in July.

12. PaperPlay Challenge: Have an open theme this week so anything goes.

13. Stamp Something Challenge: Would like to see Christmas in July.


Recipe:
DP: Papermanis Joyoux Noel
Image: Sugarplum Fairy's - Prairie Fairy Designs.
Medium: Promarkers
Paper Piecing papers: Wild Rose Studio, Polka Dots
Glamour Dust for wings
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Leaves, berries, pearls, gems from Stash
Lace: local haberdashery store (Remnant Kings)
Stickles (diamonds) for flowers.

38 comments:

  1. Love the paper piecing and the gorgeous flowers. Great way to reuse the plaque!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzi, I love your canvas and this image although I haven't gotten it as of yet. I love the sparkle. All together beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so pretty, love the colours an embelishments used, will look great on your wall for xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzi, you are amazing! You always make wonderful cards and to have all that going on and still come out with these fantastic creations? You go, girl! First, I love the images and the paper piecing is fabulous! I especially love how you shaded the wings and glistened them - they are beautiful! Your papers are exquisite and the border - WOW! The bling and the flowers add more elegance to a great scene - fabulous, girl! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tellen's Place! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Susie, very pretty! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is a lot of Challenges you have managed to squeeze into one card. LOL. Love your paper piecing though and it might be time consuming, but you have made a wonderful card. Thanks for joining us this week at I ♥ Promarkers Suzi.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely stunning!
    Have a fab weekend
    hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so very sweet. Loves me some coffee images, and this one is no exception. I'm sorry you've had such a hectic week - hopefully you'll get to rest and relax this weekend. Thanks for playing with us at ABC Toys & Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC & ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is absolutely gorgeous, love what you did with the edging and the flowers are perfect
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzi, this one just blows me away. It is absolutely exquisite. The colors, the paper, the flowers, the lace - just everything is absolutely perfect. I am still drooling!!! I think this is something you will treasure for years!

    Hope you are having a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic job, I love those little paper pieced dresses. This was such a great challenge for inspiration. Sometimes I forget that we don't always have to color everything.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so beautiful Suzi.....curious what you are gonna make of the other 2.....have a nice (and quiet) weekend
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very elegant,thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week,
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Suzi, what an amazing way to re-use the plaques. The images are so cute and the papers are perfect. I love the lace and flower arrangements. Thanks for joining in with my "pastel Christmas" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
    Ps I have candy on my blog if you want to call over :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is SO pretty Suzi!!! I love every single little detail.....but I have to say, the lace detail around the edges is GORGEOUS!!!!
    Hugs viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are one busy lady with all these creations!!! This is sooooooooo gorgeous, from the lace on the edge to the DP and flower arrangements & your coloring is stupendous!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely stunning and I love all the details.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow this is just amazing! such detail :D thanks for playing at LC

    hugs Lexi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a wonderful project Suzi! Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful Suzi ! I love the images and the background paper and flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Suzi,

    Your card is so pretty! The image you used is so precious and all the detail work you did is AMAZING! The glitter, the rhinestones, the pearls...PERFECT touches for a BEAUTIFUL Christmas card! Whoever gets this one is going to truly be blessed!

    I definitely need to start buying some of those flowers...they are so pretty!

    Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular! Hope you'll play along with us for some more challenge fun soon!

    Hugs,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  24. Suzi...UGH...I just realized that I wrote card instead of canvas/plaque in my last post to you. Of course, I didn't realize it until AFTER I pressed the send button! So sorry...seems like I am doing a lot of apologizing this morning! I really do and did read through your post and know that you bought these for about fifty cents and decided to decorate them to use during the Christmas holiday to hang in your home. What a fabulous idea!

    Also, hope your DH and grandchildren are feeling better!

    Hugs,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is just lovely. It's different too. I like it very much. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely beautiful Suzi, I love it!

    Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations & Good Luck :)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful work, Suzi! I just love all the detail you've put into this project, it has definitely paid off with a gorgeous result!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ for our Christmas in July challenge!
    And, I'm sorry to be so behind in my commenting! I didn't forget you, there just weren't enough days in my week!
    Hugs!
    Dee (Spryte)
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous wall hanging. I love the vintage look you've created. I can't seem to accomplish that look no matter how hard I try. Your flowers and berries are stunning. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful creation with us at SSC.
    Hugs xx
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh there's SO MU?CH to look at and admire on your card here!! So pretty!
    Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular this week!
    cheers
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG I am seriously in love with that lace you have used around the edge!! Totally gorgeous as is the rest of your canvas!! So much detail!! thanks for joining in with us at SSC
    Hugs Leonie
    (I apologise for my late comment, Its been one of those weeks...eek!)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What yummy details love everything about this :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so gorgeous. I love the lace you have used and the flowers are dp are also lovely. Great work with the 3d effect.

    Thanks for joining in with us on ABC Christmas Challenge.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow gorgeous! love all the details!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamp Something this week!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This card is absolutely stunning, I love everything about it. The frame made of lace is so lovely and adds so much to it. Thank you for entering this weeks Digital Teusday Challenge with the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a pretty card, love those fairies. Thanks for joining us on I ♥ Promarkers this week.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is just soooooooooooooo gorgous.
    Thanks for joining Terry and i this week at Tellens place..... hope to see you again soon.... we'll have another challenge very soon!
    lynx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fabulous card with amazing detail. Thanks for joining WOC this week x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous,love the paper piecing and embellishments!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx