Good Afternoon my Friends, Well TGIF, I've had a trying week with sick Grandchildren, unexpected visitors, my DH who is not very well, I've been running around like a chicken without it's head. On top of all that I had 5DT projects and 1 GDT project to complete for this week. I'm just so glad the week for me is over.
Anyway I digress!!! It's Friday and that means there is another wonderful challenge over at
Prairie Fairy Fun Fridays. The theme for this week is a 3d project. I know mine could be classed as altered art, which I suppose it is, but to me 3d means anything raised or jutting out of the project.
I bought three of these 10" x 10" canvases, they cost me £1.00 for the three of them, about 50 cents, I was going to hang them in the kitchen but they didn't match the colour scheme so I decided to use them to make myself some Christmas wall hangings, I love decorating my home at Christmas time.
The image I've used is Roberta's beautiful Sugarplum Fairies (available HERE) , aren't these girls adorable, I love how they are giving and receiving the sugarplum gift. Anyway I printed them out 4 times, used promarkers for the skin tones and the hair, and then two different contrasting papers to paper piece their dresses. The rest of the recipe is below this post.
You MUST go visit Fairy Fun Friday and see the absolutely beautiful projects my friends on the DT have created for you this week, they are astonishing and I am so proud to be working with these very talented ladies.
Thank you for popping in to visit, I do hope you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to reading your comments on my little creation.
Other Challenges Entered (in no particular order)
1. Wild Orchid Craft Challenge: Would like us to use Lace this fortnight.
2. ABC Design Blog Challenge: Would like to see Paper Piecing
3. Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: Would like Christmas in July
4. Cupcake Craft Challenge: Are looking for a Pastel Christmas
5. Lexi's Creations Challenge: Are looking for Paper Piecing this time
6. Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge: Would like Fairy Tales this time round
7. Digital Tuesday Challenge: Would like to be dazzled this week ( I have lots of glitter and gems)
8. Tellen's Place Challenge: The theme is Christmas in July
9. Flutter by Wednesday Challenge: Has an open theme this week, but you must include either a butterfly, angel or fairy in your project.
10. ABC Christmas Challenge: Would like to see Presents and Lace.
11. I love Promarkers Challenge: Are looking for Christmas in July.
12. PaperPlay Challenge: Have an open theme this week so anything goes.
13. Stamp Something Challenge: Would like to see Christmas in July.
DP: Papermanis Joyoux Noel
Image: Sugarplum Fairy's - Prairie Fairy Designs.
Paper Piecing papers: Wild Rose Studio, Polka Dots
Glamour Dust for wings
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Leaves, berries, pearls, gems from Stash
Lace: local haberdashery store (Remnant Kings)
Stickles (diamonds) for flowers.