Friday, August 20

Butterfly's and sparkle





Good morning again, this is my 2nd post today and it's to show you my DT card for the challenge over at The Crafty Pad & I did it Forum. which has a theme of Blue & Ivory with an added element of using Butterfly's.

I have to tell you in the making of this card there were lots of challenges that helped me along the way in the design of the card.

I've used the beautiful butterfly's and verse from The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs store created by the lovely Debbie. I've coloured them with Promarkers, used perfect pearls on them and then glamour dust on the top butterfly's. The verse is printed out and adhered to a chipboard heart from pinflair and some little pearl added. I distressed the edges and aged it a little with TH distress inks. I even used my pro markers to colour the organza which started out cream.

The rest of the recipe is below this post. The challenges that I am entering are:

1. Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge MMSC67:
I followed the wonderful sketch but turned it to suit the verse and image.

2. Creatalicious Challenge: This month would like to see Vintage.

3. The ABC Challenge: this week B = Blue they would like your card to be 80% blue.

4. Crafts & Me Challenge: This week are looking for Petals & Pearls.

5. The Pink Elephant Challenge: Would like to see Ribbon and Sparkle this week.

6. Passion For Promarkers Challenge: Are looking for Winter Blue this week (I'm hoping that the icy blue I've used is sufficient)

7. Crafty Creations Challenge: Would like to see Butterfly's this week.

8. Flutter by Wednesday Challenge: have a recipe of 1 part sparkle - 2 parts paper - 3 parts buttons or gems and of course the obligatory butterfly, fairy or angel on your project.

I think that's all for me for just now, I will be back later with another couple of creations but in the mean time have a wonderful day.

Suzi x

Recipe:
DP: K & Co Klassic K
Image: Butterfly & Verse digital image - The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs
Medium: Promarkers, perfect pearls, glamour dust
Chipboard Heart: pinflair
Distressing Inks: Tim Holtz
Organza: stash - coloured with promarkers
Ribbon buckle, pearls - stash
Flower: Wild Orchid Crafts.
Leaves- stamen and glitter ball - One Stop Card Crafts
Stickles: frosted lace
Tools: TH distressing wheel.

25 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Suzi this card is STUNNING!!!

    Hugs Tina xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. suzi, suzi!!! this is one gorgeous card. i absolutely love how you did that ribbon!!! sheer beauty!!!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so soft and pretty doesn;t just amaze you that one challenge can take on so many different themes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWWWWW Suzi this is awesome, what wonderful paper, flowers, ribbon, butterflies and sentiment , oh my this has a beautiful vintage look ti it which I adore this is top notch.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing - so much detail and the colors are truly stunning. What a wonderful verse and perfect for our Crafty Creations Challenge. Thanks for playing along.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. how stunning your card is! Those butterflies are so detailed. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these butterflies!! Stunning card! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Suzi, I love everything about this card, the butterflies, sentiment, ribbon, blooms, I think you get me, lol. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me.

    Hugs Tracy x
    P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to pop over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzi this is simply gorgeous -breathtaking.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzi I love what you did to the sketch. This is just gorgeous. Those butterflies are just fabulous beyond belief!!! Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Suzi. Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card suzi
    love those butterfly's with the pearls on top
    lovely paper and ribbon


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with your lovely work! Good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia
    (guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh this is beautiful, the butterflies and sheer ribbon are so pretty. Love the flower and colour
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suzi, you've done an absolutely INCREDIBLE job with the sketch challenge this week. Those b/flies are stunners and I love your ribbon treatment!! Gorgeous work!

    Thanks SO MUCH for joining the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and we hope you can come share your talent with us again next week!

    Hugs
    pam
    MMSC-GD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, stunning butterfly card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week! Hugs, Jeanet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Suzi! What an AMAZING card!! I love your colors as well as those gorgeous butterflies!! Thank you for playing with us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. We hope to see you again next week!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card- so elegant! Thanks for sharing it with us at PFP this week! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just stunning! I love it!
    Thanks for joining us at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A stunning card Suzi...so beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
    Hugs Emma x
    www.craftyemmasstore.co.uk
    http://ceschallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. A really lovely card..thanks for joining us at PFP...Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Suzi,
    This is beautiful. So elegant & sophisticated. I love it. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Suzi,
    This is gorgeous, so elegant & sophisticated. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi
    wow this is an amazing project, thanks for joining us at Creatalicious.
    Hugs Kaylou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning creation, love the distressing and the little buckle :)

    Thank You for playing at Crafts & Me challenges x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx