Saturday, August 14

Fairy Tale Tilda + Challenges




Hello Friends, well here is my 2nd post for today. I started this wee card yesterday and managed to finish it off this morning. Now I gotta tell you. I've made a promise to myself that I will start using the piles of new papers that are sitting in my cabinet. I'm sure there are others like me who buy these gorgeous papers then don't want to use them cause they are too pretty!!!!! how silly is that?

So this card included one of my new papers, Rose Garden, well it's a start anyway. I now have to cut all my 12 x 12's up and start using them, even my DH says I'm a paperholic!!! lol .
The recipe for the card is below this post.

There were a few challenges that helped my choices in the construction so without further ado here are the Challenges that I'm entering.

1. Just Magnolia Challenge 68: Have a wonderful sketch by Dawny this week and there is always such wonderful inspiration from the DT.

2. Simon Says Challenge: Have the theme of Summertime Blues, they would like to see a fair bit of blue in your project. Run on over there and see the wonderful DT work. It's amazing.

3. Stamp Something Challenge: Have the theme this week of Fairytale Somethings. You really need to pop over and see the wonderful creations that the DT have come up with this week.
They are delicious.

4. Colour Create Challenge 51: This is my second entry into this challenge, I love the colour scheme this week of Ivory, Duck egg Blue & one other colour - I've chosen pink as my other colour.

5. Wild Orchid Challenge 3: Are looking for One for the Girls - a nice girlie project.

6. Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge 96: The theme this week has been chosen by Vicky and she would like to see What are Little Girls Made of, a Girlie project.

7. Craftalicious Challenge 6: Mandy chose the theme this week and wants to see Pearls & Swirls.

That's all from me for the moment, I'm off out at lunch time to my local Craft store who are having a demo on TIM HOLTZ distressing and grunge board. I'm so excited, I've wanted to try his craft items for ages but was always a bit scared. Fingers crossed this will help, and I promise not to buy any more papers. lol

Bye for now - I'll let you know how the demo goes on my return.

Recipe:
DP: Pm Blueberry Hill & Rose Garden
White stock card for layering
Image: Magnolia's Tilda
Medium: ProMarkers & glamour dust for dress and tiara.
Nestie's: Labels One
Sentiment on covered chipboard heart: Rose Garden
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Swirls: Marianne designs - cut out on white glitter card
Ribbon & Lace: local haberdashery store - Remnant Kings
Pearls: craft occasions
Diamante swirls: Prima
MS butterfly punch using white glitter card
CB embossing folder: divine swirls
Tools: Tim Holtz distressing wheel.

22 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous card. Beautiful! good luck with the challenges and have wonderful weekend
    hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Suzi this is absolutely gorgeous I can see why you love those papers so much they are beautiful so is Tilda and your design with the lace, butterflies, flowers and bling are superb.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Suzi. Thank you for joining us at SCSC. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deine Karte gefällt mir sehr gut.So schöne zarte Farben.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful- love the colors you used and her hair color is gorgeous.. I need to practice using lighter colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Suzi...love the papers (and your colouring Tilda and your lovely details)...I'm just like you: buying and not using.....bought today 4 vintage paperpads....did you enjoy the Tim Holz demo????
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Love the lace, pearls, swirls and everything. Your little Tilda is so sweet! Awesome work! Thank you for joining us at Craftalicious. Hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card suzi
    love the lace and the rhinestones you added too

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Suzi this is stunning! I love the bling and the fab colour combo and tthe lace is so pretty
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card Suzi, I love those Blueberry Hill papers, great colours too...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia and Colour Create challenges
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh love your card Suzi, you used so many "girlie" accessories. The lace, the swirl bling and the beautiful flowers. Super pretty!
    Thanks for joining the Wild Orchid Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful. I love how you used the sketch and the image and colours are fabulous. Thank you for joining us over at Just Magnolia. Hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, such a pretty design

    Thanks for joining us this week at SCSC
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww another beautiful card with fabulous DPs!
    Good girl for being brave! If we don't use our gorgeous papers, how can we buy more!!! ;0)
    Hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card!! I love the pretty colors and papers!! She is adorable too!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, love it!! That Magnolia stamp is so sweet. I forgot about her from last Christmas release. Your card and your coloring is just fabulous!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Suzi, she is gorgeous, loving all the bling and the blue. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious.

    Hugs Tracy x
    P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to hop over

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a gorgeous card Suzi. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! Such pretty colors and I love the embossing! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! such gorgeous colours and details! thanks for joining us at JM, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx