Saturday, August 21

One Stop Craft - 94 Not a Card Dt project




Good Morning Everyone

Yippee!! It's Saturday and I'm not working tonight how fantastic is that!! I am going to have a day of relaxing and pottering around in the garden in the weather permits, but if it doesn't then my day will be spent in my craft room doing a bit more practice with my new Tim Holtz products.

I went to my first ever Demo last weekend and was so enthralled with his style and items that I bought a few and have been playing around with them. Oh the m
ess !!! but I love it.

This is my first attempt at constructing an altered journal as this week over at
One Stop Crafts our theme is NOT A CARD, so you can make anything you like, a box, picture frame, altered book, scrapbook page, you must run on over to the blog and see the wonderful items that our DT have created for you this week, they are utterly amazing. Such a talented and clever bunch of girls they are too.

Our sponsor this week is Craft Brulee (love the name) they have a wonderful selection of crafty items in store, lace like I've never seen before, beautiful flowers etc etc. Do go over and take a peek. Just click on the name or the banner to take you there.



I hope you are all having a lovely weekend and that the sun is shining down on you where ever you are. I'll be back later cause I have to visit some blogger friends that I've been neglecting, so get the kettle on girls I'm on my way. xox Suzi xox

Other challenges Entered:


1. Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge:

The theme this week is to create something in the Wendy
Vecchi - Studio 490 style. Oh my goodness I'd never heard of this lady before reading about her on the blog - she is amazing and the creations the DT have come up with are out of this world. I can see I have a long long way to go to even come close to them. But hey ho it is my first attempt and we all have to start somewhere. Don't we !!!

2. Simon Says Challenge:

This weeks theme is Make a Gift - This little journal is going to my great niece who will be starting nursing college in Sept. I'm sure she will love it.
Thank you for popping in to see me, do leave a few words to let me know you were here.

Recipe: (where do I begin!!)
I think it best if I just say that 95% is Tim
Holtz products
and techniques from his book
with a few odds and ends thrown in the mix.



11 comments:

  1. Not your usual style - great you've been inspired love what you have done. Love the new blog background too.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzi.....your great niece is just going to love this mini you made for her!!! It's fabulous...love all the this and thats!!

    thanks bunches for playin' along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she will love this it is AMAZING!! So detailed xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow fab Suzi ur talent never ends lol


    liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Suzi this is amazing, all the hard work tats gone into it looks fabulous!
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzi, fantastic and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous work here Suzi I fell in love with this when I first saw in on the DT blog so much work involved and you have created a thing of beauty.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heeee my fairy, what a fabulous project did you make...and yep you've said it sweetie Wendy Vecchi is a wonderfull person and she makes the most fabulous projects....wowzersss but yours Cor...is absolutely stunning. Thumbs up for you ....Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Cor with your fabulous project and I know for sure that your niece is gonna love this one...wohooo
    Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Suzi, this is so cool! You're picking up the TH thing mighty fast! I bet you had so much fun playing with all the fantastic elements you included! I'm sure your niece will treasure this journal. I was so happy to see your entry into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge this week! Hope you'll be inspired to play along with us again next week! Good luck in the draw - some terrific prizes in the offering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saweeeet! I love that "journey" wraps around. The flower and the colors look really nice too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. That handmade flower is so fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx