Good Morning my dears, It's Thursday and time for another fab challenge over at C.R.A.F.T. this week. The theme chosen is to use PENCILS only as you colouring medium.
I must say I found this a challenging one, I used to use nothing else at one point but have gotten so used to my Pro Markers it's kinda put my pencils on the back burner. But I must say I loved colouring in this beautiful Butterfly from The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs, who is sponsoring us for this weeks challenge. Debbie will let the winner choose any 2 of her digital images. Just click the banner below and hey presto you are there.
I coloured the butterfly first and then thought it had a distressed look, so I chose the papers and the embellishments to further enhance it. The Flower is hand made from a tutorial I found here on blogger and for the life of me I can't remember the link, I will keep looking and as soon as I find it I will let you know who it was from.
I FOUND IT!! The tutorial is at the lovely Vanja's
The papers are from the Jesse Edwards collection "Hampstead" and they are such a treat to work with, I've embossed a piece of plain white card with CB script and then distressed it with Tim Holtz inks, the ticket is TH also and distressed with brushed corduroy ink as was the tips of the flower. the fibres are from my stash and I used Tim Holtz distressing wheel all around the edge of the papers.
I hope you have enjoyed your visit and that you'll pop back to see me again real soon.
For now I will leave you with some of the challenges that inspired this creation.
1. Friday Sketchers Challenge: I followed Jacqui's fab sketch and followed the rules not to enter more than 6 challenges.
2. Sir Stampalot Challenge: This month they would like to see distressing, this is my second entry but as it's a card I am hoping that it qualifies. I've also followed the rule no more than 6 challenges.
3. The ABC Challenge: This week it's the letter D - Distressing.
4. Allsorts Challenge: Would like to see Autumn colours this week
5. The Stamp Man Challenge: Are looking for Distressing this time round
6. Creative Card Crew Challenge: Would like to see Autumn colours this week.
DP: Jesse Edwards Hampstead
Image: Butterfly & Verse - The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs
CB embossing folder Script
Flower: hand made
Ticket: TH ideology
Tools: TH distress wheel