Thursday, September 16

C.R.A.F.T. #68 - Pencils Only





Good Morning my dears, It's Thursday and time for another fab challenge over at C.R.A.F.T. this week. The theme chosen is to use PENCILS only as you colouring medium.

I must say I found this a challenging one, I used to use nothing else at one point but have gotten so used to my Pro Markers it's kinda put my pencils on the back burner. But I must say I loved colouring in this beautiful Butterfly from The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs, who is sponsoring us for this weeks challenge. Debbie will let the winner choose any 2 of her digital images. Just click the banner below and hey presto you are there.

I coloured the butterfly first and then thought it had a distressed look, so I chose the papers and the embellishments to further enhance it. The Flower is hand made from a tutorial I found here on blogger and for the life of me I can't remember the link, I will keep looking and as soon as I find it I will let you know who it was from.

I FOUND IT!! The tutorial is at the lovely Vanja's

The papers are from the Jesse Edwards collection "Hampstead" and they are such a treat to work with, I've embossed a piece of plain white card with CB script and then distressed it with Tim Holtz inks, the ticket is TH also and distressed with brushed corduroy ink as was the tips of the flower. the fibres are from my stash and I used Tim Holtz distressing wheel all around the edge of the papers.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit and that you'll pop back to see me again real soon.

For now I will leave you with some of the challenges that inspired this creation.

1. Friday Sketchers Challenge: I followed Jacqui's fab sketch and followed the rules not to enter more than 6 challenges.

2. Sir Stampalot Challenge: This month they would like to see distressing, this is my second entry but as it's a card I am hoping that it qualifies. I've also followed the rule no more than 6 challenges.

3. The ABC Challenge: This week it's the letter D - Distressing.

4. Allsorts Challenge: Would like to see Autumn colours this week

5. The Stamp Man Challenge: Are looking for Distressing this time round

6. Creative Card Crew Challenge: Would like to see Autumn colours this week.

Recipe:

DP: Jesse Edwards Hampstead
Image: Butterfly & Verse - The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs
Medium: Pencils
CB embossing folder Script
Flower: hand made
Ticket: TH ideology
Fibre: stash
Tools: TH distress wheel


19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Suzi...a real treat for the eyes!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fabulous card - gorgeous colour and that rose is perfect! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Suzi the butterfly is beautiful. The flower is brilliant. I hate doing distressed cards myself so it's nice to find a distressed card I really like. Love Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous...love the flower and the butterfly and the overall design.. just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzi, what a beautiful card and I love that gorgeous butterfly! The papers and the wonderful flower is just amazing - what a fantastic work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzi

    This is all a bit special, love it and that flower is so gorgeous.

    Thank you for joining in with my Colours of Autumn theme at Allsorts this week and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. And forgot, my thanks for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzi great job with your pencils. This is just one gorgeous creation and I so love that big flower.Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card, and super flower, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a gorgeous card, i love the butterfly, great layout
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow suzi , stunning card,love the butterfly[a fave of mine too] and the flower is beautiful,thanks for the link ,off to have a go now
    happy crafting
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card. I love the distressing , thanks for joining us at the Sir Stampalot Challenge and good luck!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so special! I love all the fabulous texture on this card.
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow,wow,wow Suzi this is superb a beautiful creation the distressing is wonderful, the butterfly and flower are excellent thank you for the link and thank you also for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is stunning. Amzing distressing. Thanks for joining us at ABC.
    Hugs
    Clare
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Thanks for joining our distressed theme at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooh this is gorgeous that butterfly looks so real.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh love the flower! Nicely done :)

    Thank You for joining us at The Stampman x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx