Sunday, September 12

Top Tip Tuesday




Good Afternoon my Dears, It's a gray old day hear in Scotland and quite windy too. I hope the weather is better where you are and that you are all having a nice llazy Sunday.

There's a fab new challenge blog which the sweet Leanne has created and boy is it different, It's called Top Tip Tuesday and it's where you're going to find some fab hints and tips, the whole idea is that you don't have to create a project you just need to post about your tip. I will certainly be having a go at Leanne's gorgeous lace doily flowers as soon as I can find some nice lace doilies.

I love using flowers and lace on my cards, but being a canny Scots woman I'm always looking to save a few pennies!! lol only so I can spend them on other crafty things.

I have a couple of tips for you, I hate using a full strip of pretty lace especially when it's hidden
I would have needed 10 flowers for the length of this card - Oh No!! not me. I measured it and cut off the amount needed for either side of the image.

I also like to coordinate my flowers and can't always get the right colours to match, so I buy lots of either cream or white flowers, I pick out the colours of the image and colour the tips of the flowers either with my Pro Markers or my chalks. Hey presto perfect match.

I hope you find my tips useful.

Have a great Sunday - Suzi xox

8 comments:

  1. thanks for the flower tips and this card is absolutely stunning...came over to have a look at the link from trimmieland (card and suitcase) and got side-tracked by your lovely blog...sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi - what a gorgeous card - great tip with the Promarkers too. You have added beautiful detail. :)

    xxDebbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect tip Suzi. You did a lovely job of her! Card is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah. it's a great new blog! leanne is soooooo creative.

    your card is - as always - gorgeous! and i'm soooooooooo glad you stopped by. been a while. my fault for sure. not enuff hrs in the day - lol

    hope all is well.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzi
    wonderful card love the design and image,hey ditto, i too colour my flowers with promarkers, and ink the card edges with them too.
    Betty x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya!

    Firstly, thank you so much for the lovely comment about my blog - I really do hope that you do the doily flower - please email me a picture of it when you do, I will put it on the blog!!

    Thank you for sharing this fabulous tip with us at Top Tip Tuesday. I stocked up with lace when I was in the UK and I hate 'wasting' it when its not seen - I will definately be using this tip!!

    Hugs
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A couple of great tips there Suzi - especially the one about saving lace ;) And what a beautiful card you've made - I love it!

    Thanks so much for joining us for our first Top Tip Tuesday :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzi this is fabulous and thanks for the tips.
    please pop by my blog and see the result for the suggestion challenge
    hugs June xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx