Tuesday, October 12

What Fun I've Had!!!


Hi Everyone, Well I've had some fun this morning playing at trying to make something totally different from my usual format.  It's my quirky but lovely friends Birthday soon and I bought a little gift box to hold the bracelet I've bought her.  But the box was awfully plain dark blue and I wanted to shoos it up a bit.   I started off with my sanding block and tried to get as much of the colour off as I could, I then went over it with TH brushed corduroy distress ink.   

I had bought some spellbinders Timeless Heritage dies a while back when I bought my TH Compendium of Curiosities book so I thought I would use the heart padlock and key for the the first time,  it's also my first time using Grunge paper,  in fact everything to do with this project is a first time for everything. 

I started off with perfect pearls blue on the heart and then embossed with TH distress powder (vintage photo)  once it had dried I sanded both the heart padlock and the key and it looks like old rusted metal.  I sanded the mini metal photo frame and used china blue and firebrick red distress inks on it.    I used my big bite and added some eyelets which have been sanded as well.  Added a little metal heart to the end eyelet and now I have a much more interesting box to give to my friend.  I hope you like it.
I am entering it into the Following Challenges:

1.  Simon Says Stamp Show Challenge:  This week the theme is show us your METAL

2. Incy Wincy Designs Challenge:  Who are looking for anything Faux this week, leather, metal etc.
Thanks for popping in to visit, please leave me a few words to let me know you were here.

Suzi xox

Recipe: 
Spellbinders Timeless Heritage dies
Tim Holtz : perfect pearls blue, China Blue, Fired Brick, Brushed Corduroy, Tea dye distress inks
Tim Holtz: distress embossing powder:  vintage photo
Lace has been distressed with chalks
Photo frame, leaves , flowers all from stash.

14 comments:

  1. this is fantastic Suzi
    love sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely box Suzi, a wonderful keepsake and a wonderful box for the gift to your friend. I love how you have aged the box with sanding and Distress Powders, love it. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh suzi hun she will just love this gosh its really stunning hun love how you have aged it with the distress inks hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Suzi....this is awesome....out of your comfort zone I think....your friend will be really glad with it....like your new blogdress!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im sure your friend will be thrilled with this fabulous creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning creation Suzi!! Beautiful work =)

    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this box! The key and lock are really neat!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning....Stunning...glad you stepped out of your box and tried a lot of first cause it turned out AWESOME!!


    thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowwwwwwwwww Suzi I am nearly lost for words at this awesome creation, this is absolutely stunning, you have created an aged vintage look to perfection this is a work of heart and I love it so much so will your friend she is so lucky to be receiving this beauty. I love how you have used the Grunge-paper I just bought some and am thinking of ways to use it so thank you for the inspiration.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzi, this is wonderful - I particularly love the rusty lock and key. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Project love the rusty metal look
    Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
    Hugs Nikki and the rest of the DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Suzi, what a fabulous job you have done in altering your box. I really love how you added the eyelets - it really gives it extra interest. I hadn't even gone through the entries at Simon Says until now so this is the first time I have seen it, but did you see what I did for the Simon Says project this week? It is so close to what you have done here - great minds think alike, I guess. I promise I didn't copy your box - LOL!!! Yours is absolutely wonderful. Glad to hear you had fun making it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx