Good Afternoon to you all, It's a bright sunny day here today and although it's bright it's not thawing out the snow at all because it's still minus. Oh well another day indoors. Never mind!!!
I was so lucky to have won this wonderful little Bella Bunting from the Sugar Nellie Blog when they were promoting the new range of Simply Sassy stamps. Now my title for my post says A 1st for me, this is the first time I've ever used Tim Holtz distress inks to colour in an image. I know I have a long way to go but oh I did enjoy it. I now need to practice and get the tones and shading a lot better.
The full recipe for my card is below this post.
I am entering this little cutie into the following challenges:
1. The Sugar Bowl Challenge: Have a wonderful sketch from Marlene with the option of Black and white + 1 other colour. I chose to go with red.
2. Charisma Cardz Challenge: Have the theme of One for the Girls this week.
3. Paper Sundaes Challenge: Would like you to adorn the corners. I've put little ruby gems on the corners of my image.
4. Whoopsi Daisy Challenge: Have the theme this week of Lets get Girly.
5. Stamp Insanity Challenge: Would like us to try something new. My first time colouring with distress inks.
6. Lets Ink It Up Challenge: Would love to see some recycling and of course no digi images, use your rubber stamps.
Well that's all for me just now, I'll be back a little later to go visiting and do some catching up with friends. I've been rather neglectful just recently.
I hope you all have a wonderful day. Suzi xox
DP: Papermania Creative Tones Ivory Black
Image: Bella Bunting - Sugar Nellie stamped on Daler Rowney 140lb (300gm) water colour card with Stazon ink.
Medium: Tim Holtz distress inks, Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick. Fired Brick Red.
CB: embossing folder - Script
Recycled element: corrugated card from an old box
Button & Ribbon: Stash
Ticket: Tim Holtz Alteration ticket strip die.