Monday, November 29

A 1st for me - Bella Bunting


Good Afternoon to you all,  It's a bright sunny day here today and although it's bright it's not thawing out the snow at all because it's still minus.  Oh well another day indoors.  Never mind!!! 

I was so lucky to have won this wonderful little Bella Bunting from the Sugar Nellie Blog when they were promoting the new range of Simply Sassy stamps. Now my title for my post says A 1st for me,  this is the first time I've ever used Tim Holtz distress inks to colour in an image.  I know I have a long way to go but oh I did enjoy it.  I now need to practice and get the tones and shading a lot better. 

The full recipe for my card is below this post.

I am entering this little cutie into the following challenges:

1. The Sugar Bowl Challenge:  Have a wonderful sketch from Marlene with the option of Black and white + 1 other colour. I chose to go with red.

2. Charisma Cardz Challenge: Have the theme of One for the Girls this week.

3. Paper Sundaes Challenge:  Would like you to adorn the corners. I've put little ruby gems on the corners of my image.

4. Whoopsi Daisy Challenge: Have the theme this week of Lets get Girly.

5. Stamp Insanity Challenge: Would like us to try something new. My first time colouring with distress inks.

6. Lets Ink It Up Challenge:  Would love to see some recycling and of course no digi images, use your rubber stamps.

Well that's all for me just now, I'll be back a little later to go visiting and do some catching up with friends.  I've been rather neglectful just recently.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.  Suzi xox

Recipe:
DP: Papermania Creative Tones Ivory Black
Image: Bella Bunting - Sugar Nellie stamped on Daler Rowney 140lb (300gm) water colour card with Stazon ink.
Medium: Tim Holtz distress inks, Antique Linen, Tea Dye, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick. Fired Brick Red.
CB: embossing folder - Script
Recycled element: corrugated card from an old box
Button & Ribbon: Stash
Sentiment: Stash
Ticket: Tim Holtz Alteration ticket strip die.


22 comments:

  1. Hello Suzi
    yyour card is so wonderful and I love the colours and all details!
    Have a great day!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on winning that nice image....your colouring is perfect...1st time you say????...really???....love your papers and details
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! The black and red is so striking and I love your coloring - hard to believe it's your first time with distress inks. Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzi, i hope your well, your card is absolutely gorgeous, i love the image and the papers
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi suzi
    wow fab card,love how you used the inks,looks amazing
    hope you are well and keeping warm !!
    no snow here ....as yet but its threatened for tomorrow
    take care
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Suzi, I love that stamp! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzi, your card is gorgeous! I love it!
    Thank you so much for joining us at the Whoopsi Daisy this week challenge.
    Hugs, Rleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely!!. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.Good luck.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is AWEsome! I LOVE all the texture and distressing! You did an incredible job here!! :) Thoroughly *thankful* that you chose to Challenge Yourself and share your work with us at StampInsanity!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO pretty! Lovely coloring and great sketch!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, just love the colour combo, and clever recycling. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck. Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet, lucky you for winning her and I can't believe it's your fist time with using TH inks to colour she looks stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your card and isnt she gorgeous in red ?
    lovely colouring suzi .
    love
    maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous card Suzi and in such beautiful colours.
    Thank you for joining in our challenge over at Woopsi Daisy
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun image and your coloring is wonderful. Love the red wht and blk!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suzi, your card is adorable. I love your colors!
    Thanks for joining us at Let's ink It Up this time and good luck.
    Hugs
    Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool card! Great work with the distress inks - need to try that:) This line of new stamps is super cute. Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at Let's Ink It Up this month!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is FAB, and you did a great job colouring with distress inks :D
    Thanks so much for joining in our Try Something New challenge at StampInsanity :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Suzi!

    Your card is so gorgeous! Red and black are great together and this image is so cute. Love those buttons with ribbons.
    Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy!

    Hugs,Sande

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous card. It's definitely 'one for the girls'! Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Suzi this is gorgeous I so love that image and the colours a super card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx