Monday, November 8

Baby's 1st Christmas + challenges




Hello my Dears,  My great great niece ( makes me sound like Methusala) will be celebrating her very first Christmas this year so I've made her a very special card to celebrate. 

I've used sweet baby Tilda and coloured her with Promarkers and water colour pencils and added just a touch of glitter to the edges of her wings.

The papers are from papermania basics and the adorable embroidered ribbon is from fantasticribbon.co.uk.  I made the little heart from thick white card and covered it in the same paper as the background.  added a little silver bow and tiny feet charm.  The flowers and pearl stamens are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The rest of my recipe is below this post.

There are a few challenges that helped in the construction and I am entering my into the following.

1. Sir Stampalot Challenge: This month are looking for Christmas Traditions, I think Christmas is all about children so that's my take on the theme. 

2. Winter Wonderland Challenge:  Are looking for a Christsmas Carol this week.  I think Silent Night could be appropriate for this one.lol, I'm sure my niece will approve.

3. Creative Craft Challenge: Are looking for us to Celebrate with them this week as it's their 1st Blogaversary, Happy Anniversary girls. Hope you have many more.

4, Pear Tree Designs Challenge:  Have a lovely sketch to follow this week.

5. Magnolia Down Under Challenge:  Would like you to make your own embellishments this week. I made the little heart.

6. Allsorts Challenge:  The theme this week is Twas the night before Christmas from the poem.  I've used the line where all the children are asleep tucked up in their beds.

Thank you so much for popping in to visit, I hope you enjoyed your stay and that you'll come back to see me again soon.

Suzi xox

 Recipe:
DP: Papermania basics
Image: Baby Tilda
Medium: Promarkers & Staedler water pencils
Marianne D's nesti shape die & flower die
Nestie for sentiment: small circle and circle scallop
Sentiment: made by me on the computer
Flowers & Pearl stamens: Wild orchid crafts
white flower with pearl local haberdashery store
Heart: hand made by me
Charm & silver ribbon: stash.
Stickles for wings and sentiment.
Tim Holtz distress ink tattered rose.


25 comments:

  1. What a super card, love the colours. Thanks for joining in at creative craft challenge. Good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzi this is just gorgeous. I played with this image today and never thought of using it as a first christmas card!! Brilliant. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzi...what an adorable, wonderful card...you used so many details...just fab...I have something for you on my blog!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzi this is so so sweet, love it.
    thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge. hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good evening Suzi, wow what a stunning card hunny, i love that image and the pretty colours you've chosen, as always your attention to detail is absolutely stunning. Its been a while since ive had time to do some blogging and ive missed it so much. Its been a joy to catch up with you. Hope to be back sooner next time, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure she will love it as I do such a delicate and pretty card, thank you for sharing with us this week at Winter Wonderland, do hope you will join us on Friday for the next challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Card! such a cute one...

    Thanks for joining us at PTD and good luck

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Suzi, your card is so sweet, I'm sure your Great Great niece will love it!! hehehe (well when she's older anyway!!) I love the soft pink and your heart - very cute. Thanks so much for joining in this week at MDUC
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab aqnd so cute too, thanks for joining our anniversarry at creative craft challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Suzi

    What a lovely card, a real keepsake for the little ones first Christmas.

    Thank you for joining us at Stampalot challenges this month and good luck.

    B
    More Stampalot candy here

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous card. Youve coloured her perfectly. Thanks for playing along with us a MDUC this week
    love debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet card, beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet and pretty.Lots of lovely details.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. stunning card Suzi. Just sooo sweet
    hope you are having a good week
    hugs rozzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhhh what an absolutely adorable card, Suzi! I love the wee heart embelly that you made and all the other wonderful accents and details! Your colouring is beautiful too! Thank you so much for joining us at MDUC!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is just tooooo adorable! I love the little sentiment and your layout is super sweet!
    Thanx for joining us at MDUC this week
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, beautiful image & embeliishments! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh pretty card, the image is fabulous and I might have to invest in that one as I have a little ones card to make for my grand daughter this year

    thanks for joining in with the Allsorts Challenge this week :o)

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Suzi, Adorable card..
    Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week.
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute card. Great take on our sketchie challenge @ PTD this week. Good Luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card!

    Thanks for joining us over at PTD and lots of luck! :o)

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an adorable card , I love that sweet image
    Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  24. A gorgeous Christmas creation! Thanks for Sharing with us at Sir Stampalot and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx