Sunday, November 21

Caroling & Snow


Good Morning Friends

I made this wee card for the new venture over at
Magnolia-licious Challenge, where the brief this week was
to create something in Pink & Yellow.  I must say not a colour scheme I've tried before, But that's what challenges are all about, sometimes they take us out of our comfort zone and encourage us to try different colour schemes.  I quite like it and I think it will make one of my nieces very happy as she loves Tilda in any colour. 

I've used Carol singing Tilda and coloured her with Pro Markers and staedler water colour pencils, glittered her wings and the fur trims with Glamour dust. I used snowtex for the snow under her little boots.  The Papers are papermania basics, with DCWV textured card for mounting and die cuts. I also used my sewing machine (which I don't use often enough) on the outside of the card. The full recipe is below this post.

I hope you all have a lovely Sunday and I'll see you a little later with another card that I'm just finishing off.

My card qualifies for the following Challenges:

Magnolia-licious Challenge:  The theme for this first challenge is a colour combo of PINK & YELLOW

Totally Papercrafts Challenge: Would like to see SNOW & SNOWFLAKES this week.

CES Challenge: Have a LOVELY LACE theme this week.

2 Sisters Challenge:  Would love to see your SNOWFLAKES

Recipe:

DP: Papermania basics
Image: Magnolia carol singing Tilda
Medium: ProMarkers & Staedler water colour pencils
Marianne D's square die for mounting
Marianne Swirls die, snowflake die
Lace: cake decorating lace from local supermarket.
Sentiment: Sentiments4you. (freebie)
Extras: Glamour Dust

15 comments:

  1. Sunning as usual Suzi


    LOVELY WORK THANKS FOR PICKING ME OVER AT CI U HAVE BOOSTED ME NO END LOL AND I LEFT AN AWARD THE FREE DIGI ONE OVER MY BLOG AWAY LAST WEEK FORGOT TO TELL EVERYONE

    still there if u want it
    LIZ X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi! How CUTE!!!! I know what you mean about pink & yellow together...but I totally agree...these two colors work quite well together! I love your stitching (I'm so intimated by my little sewing machine...it's still in the box!)...and your DPs are perfect! Your coloring is really lovely, too!! Thanks soooo much for playing along with us in the very FIRST challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!! Such fun!! And wait 'til you see what the DT has planned for you this week!! Hugs...Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card with the unusual colours Suzi....your colouring is fab!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzi,
    Love that you used the brighter yellow! I think pink and yellow go very well together once we get used to the idea. You have done a great job!!
    Tilda is beautiful. Love your die cuts and that gorgeous lace from the 'grocery store' - it's amazing where we find things isn't it?
    Thank you for joining us at Magnolia-licous Challenge Blog :o)
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzi, lovely card, the colour scheme looks great, so bright and colourful!

    Hope you are well and have had a great weekend.

    Love, Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so beautiful! I like all the details! =)
    hugs
    Sadia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and perfect sewing. Thanks for joining in at TPC - Good Luck
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shade of pink and yellow you chose. The paper and embellishments are perfect. Thanks for playing along with Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Linda C-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzi
    a beautiful catd, luv the colour combo,lovely papers & embelies, thank you for joining us at CES & Totally papercrafts, this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love the bright colors you chose and the pretty embellishing! Your sewing finishes this card off beautifully! Thanks for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog. hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Suzi this is beautiful! Love the image and how you've coloured her with the Promarkers. I'm admiring your diecuts and your sewing is perfect. I myself am not brave enough to sew on my cards as I know the stitching would be all over the place. Thanks for joining us at the new Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and I look forward to seeing you join us again soon. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice to see you joining us at Magnolia-licious Color Challenge. You card is lovely with great colored Tilda and the embellies are as pretty. Hope to see you playing along with us for the next ones :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely beautiful Suzi, the colours looks wonderful so does the image I love this big time.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing, the pink and yellow go so well together.I can't believe I don't have this Tilda. Thank you so much for joining us at TPC. Hugs Tammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous card Suzi, I love the colours.
    Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx