Hello my friends, I will try and keep this story as short as possible. As some of you know I have 3 Grandsons and they come to me every Thursday after school for Dinner and some play/create time with Gran and Grandad. Yesterday was no exception. Callum our 13yr old always get 1hr of time with his Grandad to play the PS3, so the twins (Aaron & Ross) move into my craft room to do a little creating. They saw the card I had half finished and decided that I needed to make a Christmas card for their "Girlfriends" remember they are only 6yrs of age.!!! or as Aaron says 6 + 10 months. lol.
We got out all my new stamps and they chose this Lili of the Valley one, then we proceeded to go through Gran's papers. Aaron chose the Pink shades, (he just loves princess's and glitter, Cheryl Cole etc etc) Ross is more into Fireman Sam and blues.
Anyway to cut a long story relatively short, they chose the image, papers, snowflakes and colour scheme's then told me that I could do it all tomorrow ready for them when they visit on Sunday, and promptly went back to play with their toys.
So this is what I've been doing today, creating two very similar cards for the Twins "girlfriends" they had to be very similar or I would have a war on my hands.lol.
Anyway this is the outcome, I'm sure they will love them and so will their "Girlfriends". Oh and I forgot to tell you this is no casual affair!! oh no!! they go to youth club Mon, film club Friday and Karate Tues as a foursome. I think my dear Daughter has a lot of work ahead of her.
Any way back to my card. I looked around for inspiration and visited Lili of the Valley Blog for some tips, thank you girls you made my life a lot easier. The full recipe for my card and the challenges entered are just below.
Thank you for listening to my ramblings, I can't help it, the boys just tickle me silly with their little grown up attitudes when they visit.
See you all tomorrow with my DT card for One Stop Craft.
Bye for now. Suzi xox
1. Lili of the Valley Challenge: Anything goes this week and they are having a wonderful blog hop to celebrate the launch of the new images Party Girls and Tea & Chat, you really need to go visit, the DT examples are amazing.
2. Creative Inspirations Challenge: Would like to see a Pink Christmas this week.
2. Sew Many Challenges: Would like to see a Blue/White Christmas
4. Digital Tuesday Challenge: Would like you to use Stash never used before and also a digital image. I've used my image for the first time and my TH border die (scallops) I've made my own sentiment via the computer so this is digital.
5. The ABC Challenge: Would like to see a Holiday project this week.
DP: Paper mania basics & classic Christmas
Image: lili of the valley
Medium: Staedler Water Pencils
Glamour Dust for pink fur trim & Flower soft polar white for blue fur trim
Tim Holtz: border die Scallop
TH: distress inks, Broken China & Tattered Rose
Snowflakes: K&Co(blue) - local haberdasher store(pink)
Nestie's: small circle & small circle scallops
Sentiment: designed on the computer by me.