Wednesday, November 24

Shopping in Style !!!



Good Evening Everyone,  I hope you have all had a wonderful day.  I've been out Christmas Shopping most of the day and I wish I had looked as elegant and cool as sweet Willow here.  It was a nightmare, MANIC!! I think is the word I'm looking for.  Don't know about you but I'm sure this time of the year bring out the worst in some people.  I've been pushed, my feet trod on and to top it off at one stage I was Queue Jumped. Argg............

The only consolation is that I don't often venture in Glasgow to shop but at least that's it over for another year. All my Christmas shopping apart from the food is over.

I'm now back in the safety of my Craft Room!!  I've managed to create this card for a few challenges.  This is a Whiff of Joy stamp that is being used by me for the first time.  I know (shame on me!!) I've had it for over a year but then who amongst us hasn't got stamps that haven't seen the light of day since the bought them. I rest my case. Lol!!!

She is a little beauty though, I've coloured her with Pro Markers and paper pieced her shopping bags. The full recipe for my card is below this post.  I followed the wonderful sketch from Tara who sadly is leaving the Design Team at Whiff of Joy so they are having a DT call.  Well a girl can dream can't she!!! but as my old Mum used to say If you're not in it you can't win it.

I am also entering sweet Willow into a few more challenges

1. Whiff of Joy Challenge:  I followed the fab sketch designed by Tara this week.  Do pop over and take a peek at the wonderful creations the DT have come up with this week, you won't be disappointed and they are having a DT call too.

2. Simon Stamp and Show Challenge: This week the girls & Dan would like to see you use your distress inks.  I used basic white card for my TH die cuts and distressed them with Tea Dye & Tattered Rose. I love the effect these inks give to plain paper.

3. Fab n Funky Challenge: Have a theme of Going with the Flow which translates to Create anything you like.

4. PaperTake Weekly Challenge: Have a theme of Cut it Out which means show the team your die cuts, nesties etc.

I hope you all have a wonderful evening and if you've popped in to visit me please leave a few words to let me know you were here.

5. Top Tip Tuesday Challenge: Would like to see paper piecing and layer upon layer this week.

Suzi xox

Recipe:

White hammered card for base
White card stock for die cuts
DP: K&Co Roam, Craftworks Oh La la
Image: Whiff of Joy
Medium: Pro Markers
paper piecing paper: scraps from scrap box
Tim Holtz: Alterations Die's Scroll work & Scallops
Tim Holtz: Distress inks Tea Dye & Tattered Rose
Image Nestie: small oval
Flower & Flourish Die: Marianne D's
Tag: Sizzix BigZ tag die
Rose Ribbon: Fantasticribbons.co.uk
Sentiment: Stash


10 comments:

  1. gorgeous card suzi,love it
    i had the same shopping nightmare as you in carlisle then as i am a glutton for punishment ....in liverpool,i am all done too now prezzie wise,just the food,..online food shopping is the way to go i feel,happy crafting
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzi this is great. I am so sorry to hear of your shopping madness!! What is Queue Jumped? I'm interested to know. Willow is stunning! Perfect layout and love the top accent...is that ribbon?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, the colours alone make a very happy girl indeed - such a beauty of a card!!
    Thanks for your tip about kraft cardstock!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh susie hun this is gorgoues love that image and the papers you have used are stunning,know what you mean hun about shopping i went last week same thing happened to me,I actually lost it at one point,and shouted at this women,who knocked me into a large metal post,lets say do not think she will be doing it again hehe hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. xmas shopping????? i haven't even addressed my cards yet!!!! boy you're good!

    absolutely gorgeous card! love the colors and all the fabulous textures.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card Susie as Always

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is gorgeous!!

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday - good luck! Remember, you can enter as many times as you like!

    Hugs Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, if only Christmas shopping could be like this!
    Thanks for entering the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya love your card, yep Christmasshopping love it....and I just love your card, Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show and hope we will see ya again next week. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is gorgeous! love the combination of colours you've used and the details are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Whiff of Joy, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx