Wednesday, December 15

Easel card with a twist + various challenge



Hi there folks,  It's Wednesday evening I've just had a wonderful visit from my Son (Kevin) he lives quite a distance from me and decided to visit before the dreaded weather closes in.  I haven't seen him in over a month.  Oh it was so so nice to see him and his Fiance.   They have been together as a couple for 18 years but have decided to make it official, they got engaged on Theresa's 40th Birthday.  I am so so delighted for them.  We exchanged gifts and lots of kisses because I may not see them again before Christmas. 

Not sure yet when they will tie the knot but I now need to go buy an outfit, hat, shoes, bag, etc etc . Well I will be the Mother of the Groom.  lol.  I'm so excited, my first born is going to get MARRIED!!!! at some stage. lol

Enough of my excitement,  I want to show you a sweet easel card with a difference that I've just finished for a few challenges.  I made the easel shape using my Spellbinders labels 10 nestie's.  for the top one I added a Magnolia doohickey lace doily die, the papers behind the image are from Papermania words pad and are very old.  I bought them when I started crafting about 19 months ago.  The rest of my recipe is below this post. 

The challenges that have inspired this creation are:

Simon Says Stamp Challenge:  This week there is a theme of Blue/Silver/White with an amazing prize of a $50.00 gift voucher to spend in the amazing store.

 ABC Christmas Challenge:  They  are having a wonderful Blog hop this week and the theme is to choose a past challenge.  I chose the challenge of May 24th which was Glitz with the option of Silver.


 Cupcake Inspirations Challenge:  Have a wonderful cupcake picture this week for inspiration, I took the icy blue and white from it.

A Crafty Little Place Challenge:  This is the last challenge before they move to the new site.  The theme this week is Tag it. A Tag or at least a Tag on your creation.

 Creatalicious Challenge:  This month the theme is a recipe,  5 flowers, 2 snowflakes, 1 ribbon. the prize is amazing, you could win the new set of Victorian Sweethearts Rubber Stamps from  Blue Butterfly Stamps

Paper Sundaes Challenge:  Anything but no square or rectangles.

Thank you for popping in to visit. I hope you all have a wonderful evening.

Suzi xox

Recipe: 
DP:  Papermania   12 x 12 paper stack Words
Image: hAngler stAngler
Medium: Promarkers & Staedler water colour pencils
Nestie's: Labels 10
Magnolia Dohickey lace doily die
Sizzix thick cut tag die
TH: distress inks,  broken china & tea dye
Flourishes: Marianne D's large die
Snowflakes:  Sizzlets die
Flowers: prima
Pearls: prima
Sentiment:  Stash
Silver metallic ribbon: Dovecraft
Glamour Dust for swirls & snowflakes

14 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous easel card. The image and flowers are beautiful.Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge.

    Merry Christmas! Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a great shaped easel card. Love the use of your tag here. Great way to prop the top. Thanks for the shout out about our move...

    Smiles!
    Gwen DTC@ACLP

    ReplyDelete
  3. great news about your son hun,good luck to them,bless them as for your card hun its just stunning really love this one so much my fav colors too,hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful easel card Suzi.....and CONGRATS on the proposed marriage of your first born....I understand that must be very excited for you!!!...keep us informed about your shopping!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!!! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flowers and flourishes!!

    Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzi your card is Just Darling!! Cute cute image and love how you mingles the flowers and snowflakes together:) congrats on your son's special and exciting news!!Yea!!!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Creatalicious!!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the blue! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh love your card, its so pretty! and I love the shape and colour! Its perfect for G for Glitz with your silver ribbons! thanks for joining in with us!! good luck! and hope you will continue to play our challenges in 2011 too! hugs Samantha ABC Christmas Challenge :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! Love the blue & white!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ACLP!!
    Sheri-ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girgeous creation!! Thanks for playing along with us at ACLP!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so pretty.. thanks for playing along at creatalicious challenges.. bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous hAnglar & stAnglar image! Love the blue, white and silver colour combination! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card Suzi..! Thanks for joining in with us over at creatalicious challenges..
    Hugs Natalie xxx

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx