Wednesday, December 1

The Pixie Cottage #47 Sketch +/or Paper Piecing DT card




A very good frosty snowy freezing cold Scottish morning to you all.  I do hope the weather is kinder to you where ever you are.  Everything has come to a standstill here. The schools are closed the B roads and street roads are treacherous because the council haven't treated them with salt due to the cut backs in budget.

God help any poor soul that's run out of milk, bread or any of the other necessities to keep them going.  I was meant to pick up my prescription from the Dr's on Monday but I can't even get out of the driveway.  Looks like I'll need to suffer a little until it hopefully clears up.

Anyway it's Wednesday and here's something that cheered me up while in the making, My DT card for
the new challenge over at The Pixie Cottage.  This week we have another wonderful sketch for you to follow with the theme of Paper Piecing.  You can do either, the choice is yours.

I followed both this week and used the adorable Sandra Hammer image Hannah's Letter which comes with two lovely sentiments if you chose the smaller version and it's available over at
Michelle's Scrapbooking & more.   where you will find lots of lovely items for your crafting needs.  

I used my pro markers for the skin and hair and paper pieced her little outfit including her little boots and hat.  I used glossy accents on the snow and while it was still wet I covered it in glamour dust.

The full recipe for my card is below this post.

I am entering Hannah into the following challenges:

1. Totally Gorjuss Challenge:  Would like to see a Tree somewhere on your creation.

2. Cupcake Inspirations Challenge:  Have a wonderful picture to assist you in your creation. 

3. A Crafty Little Place Challenge: Have an open theme this week so anything goes.

Thank you so much for popping in to visit, do please leave me a few words to let me know you were here.
In the meantime do keep warm and cosy in this dreadful weather.

Suzi xox

Recipe:
DP: Kars Speciality X-mas collection
MME: rose garden for piecing Hannah
Image: Hannah's Letter by Sandra Hammer from The Pixie Cottage
Medium: Pro Markers
Nestie:  circle and circle scallop
Snowflakes: Marianne D's glittered with zig glue and glamour dust
Sentiment: Sandra Hammer from the Pixie Cottage
Pearls: E line by Prima
Lace: Stash

11 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful Suzi, such heavenly papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, I love that sweet image and the lovely DP and snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzi Sorry you are in such poor weather. Hope its better soon. Your card is beautiful. I LOVE those wonderful dps you used with the sweet Hannah and those pretty snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tottally gorgeous Suzi , i love the mix of colours !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a super card Suzi! Beautifully coloured image and the skirt looks really pretty paper pieced. Love your papers too.
    Hope you're keeping warm.
    Hugs,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Suzi this is beautiful I love the Hannah images and this one is gorgeous especially with your wonderful design.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! Great paper and image! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great background dp. Love the angle of your center...great sketch to work with and you made it look amazing.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DTC@ACLP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at A Crafty Little Place this week!!
    Sheri-ACLP DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Suzi, what a wonderful card. Your coloring is perfect for HANNA! Love your design and color choice.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx