Sunday, January 2

Creative Inspirations#50 Use Something New - dt card




Good Morning my Lovelies, I hope you are all having a wonderful time over this New Year weekend and you are fully recovered from your celebrations.  We had a fantastic response to our last challenge and hope that you will join us again this fortnight.

Over at Creative Inspirations it was the lovely Jude's turn to choose the theme and she has asked that you use "Something New"  in your creation this time.

I've got a few new items on my card, first thing is the frame that my DH made for me from light balsa wood, he has made me 5 lovely different shaped frames out of some scrap material he had left over, after it was all sanded down etc I painted it white, sanded it, painted it blue and sanded again to give me this distressed look.  My other new items are the BigZ sissix star die that I cut out in card and paper, glued them together and stickled them with waterfall and my new white cross grain ribbon.  The full recipe for my card is at the bottom of this post.

We are sponsored this week by the wonderful Simon Says Stamps who is very kindly giving one lucky winner a $10.00 voucher with free shipping to spend in store, where you will find everything you need for your passion to craft.


Photobucket


We are also being sponsored by the wonderful Whiff of Joy Stamps and the winner will receive "Nora blowing kisses " from the new Valentine  Collection. 




We do hope you will join us for this our first challenge of 2011  we look forward to seeing your wonderful creations over the coming weeks.

Do please pop on over to the blog and take a peek at the wonderful creations my sweet teamie friends have for you this week.  Outstanding and beautiful as always.

Bye for now and have a wonderful day.

Suzi xox

Challenges Entered:

Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge:  This week the theme is slightly in your own hands you choose one of the past challenge weeks and create something using that theme.  I've chosen #44 buttons and bows.

Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge:  This week the theme is Buttons n Bows

Ellephantastic Challenge:  Have the theme of New Beginnings.

ABC DT Challenge:  This month the theme is Baby it's Cold Outside.  I think my card will suit. I'm sure it's cold and bewildering for any new baby. lol.


Recipe:

DP: Trimcrafts pepper and friends
Image: Magnolia's Baby Tilda
Medium: Pro Markers and staedler water colour pencils
Background Die: Marianne D's
Sizzix BigZ star die
Ribbons: fantasticribbons.co.uk
rocking horse button and blue buttons: Stash
chipboard sentiments: papermania

23 comments:

  1. Awww how adorable Suzi!!! I love all the cute little details :)
    Happy New Year!
    Love and hugs ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely card hun been meaning to get over wish you a very very happy new year to you and yours hope it all went well for you on hogmanay I am glad we are near back to normal now

    liz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Suzi, this is simply stunning... I love this stamp, it is so cute, and your card is fantastic... I like the white shade, and all the details... it is all so sweet...
    I wish you a very happy new year...
    hugs
    sadia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little card, love that button in the corner! Thanks for playing along at Ellephantastic this month and hope you'll join us again. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute! Just love it!

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. so adorable Suzi....and so many sweet details!...love it!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzi, WOW this is stunning, What a gorjuss image and you have coloured it wonderfully, thanks for joining in on Ellephantastic this month, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, Suzi, this is awesome. Another beautiful die to highlight that sweet image. I really love that balsa frame and how you finished it. It came out soooo cool. Your stars are fab also - love the glitter and buttons!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the way you have used your Buttons and Bows thanks for sharing it with us at the SCSC this week
    Happy New Year to you
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaah adorable, love it, thanks for playing along with our challenge at Craftycatz. x carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww that is sooo cute & adorable. Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic. Hugs Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Yes, it probably is a bit of a stretch for the ABC Toys - Baby, It's Cold Outside - challenge, but I love the projects! They're beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a gorgeous card. I adore the little button and the way you have brought it all together. Good Luck in the draw and for joining in at Ellephantastic,

    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is just gorgoues hun love that image,and the detail is perfect,happy new year too you hun hugs cheryl xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, just look at this cutie patootie card! So adorable, Suzi!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these baby cards you have made. That frame is fab too - seems like your DH is into saving scraps and recycling as well as you! I've save some containers from Christmas and look to you for inspiration! Happy New Year.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely PRECIOUS!! Love that sweet little image and you have colored her so perfectly. The starz are so fun and yep this is perfect for the ABC Toys & Crafts "BABY it's cold outside". Love your take on our challenge. Can't wait to see more of your work

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute card, thanks for joining us at crafty catz

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful frame your husband made! Very shabby chic ! Great image and layout, Suzi! i admire your creations daily even when I don't comment.....so just know I'm here!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh so cute and beautifully coloured,
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy and Healthy 2011,
    thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 115 Buttons & Bows
    Good luck,
    Hugs Bridget :) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card & Happy New Year to you and thanks for taking part in our first challenge of 2011! Hope to see you again next month!
    hugs
    Michelle
    Elle DT
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww....this is adorable!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is stunning. love the frame!
    Thanks for playing at ABC Toys & Crafts!
    Jacilynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx