Monday, January 3

Magnolia's Brotherly Love + Challenges



Hello My Dears,  I am so glad the weekend is over and that I now have a couple of weeks of freedom from work or any kind of pressure.  I am going to enjoy the new 2 weeks organising my craft room (again!!)
and creating lots of lovely bits and bobs. 

I wanted to show you a card that I made this morning for a few challenges.  I've used the sweet Brotherly Love from Magnolia and coloured them with Pro Markers. Aren't they just adorable. My papers are from MME Summer range and I've layered them onto white card. The hearts are from a MS punch and I've sprayed them with tattered angels pearl glimmer mist. All the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and have been stickled with frosted lace.  The rest of my recipe is below this post.

The Challenges that inspired this wee card are:

Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge:  They have a wonderful recipe this month of 3 types of pattern paper, 2 Magnolia Images ( my other image is my sentiment at the bottom of the card) 4 flowers and 1 ribbon.

Totally Tilda Challenge:  This fortnight the girls would like to see Roses & Ribbon.

The Shabby Tea Room Challenge: Have a theme of 11 elements to be used on your creation this week. I have 4 layers, ribbon, gems, image, flowers, tiles, sentiment, pearl pin. 

Some Odd Girls Challenge:  Would like to see 2 different types of bling on your creation. I've used stickles and glimmer Mist, plus as few gems. 

Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge:  Would like to see something NEW and ribbon. My new item is my tiled letters and the rose ribbon. I must also tell you that there is a wonderful 1 year Blogaversary Candy over at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  So do pop over and take part.

Stamp Insanity Challenge:  Would love to see some Sparkle this week.

Just Magnolia & hAnglar stAnglar Challenge:  Have the them of Anything Goes this week.


I hope you all have a wonderful day and week ahead of you.

Suzi xox

Recipe:

DP: MME summer collection
Image: Magnolia's Brotherly Love
Medium: Pro Markers
Hearts: Martha Stewart punch
Tiled glittered letters: Papermania
Ribbon: local haberdashery store
Roses trim around image: fantasticribbons.co.uk
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Pin & Gems: Stash
Stamped Sentiment: Loving Wishes from Magnolia
Extras:  Stickles frosted lace, Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist


17 comments:

  1. What a sweet card and image! Great job with the coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Suzi that image along with the colours and design are awesome.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this card is completely gorgeous Suzi....love the hearts (I'm totally into hearts at the moment)....great papers and your coloring is so fab!...enjoy your 2 free weeks!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you go again with that beautiful rosebud trim and those terrific letters. Great paper and embellishments too! How I envy you having time off! The rest of the church staff all had two weeks paid time off over the holidays and yours truly worked throughout to keep the food pantry open. Time off is but a distant dream - can't wait for retirement LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card with so many wonderful embellishments! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a stunner Suzi, beautifully coloured and designed...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia & Hanglar challenge and Have a Happy New Year
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzi!

    How cute is this card!!! Just adorable. You image is colored beautifully and the dp's are the perfect compliment. Love how you used the hearts and adorned them with the flowers. Great card!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Highlites! Good luck!

    Angie
    www.scrapgirl-angie.blogspot.com
    www.scrapgirl-magnolia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. ach Suzi,
    what a adorable card you have to show us today.
    omg.. the hearts and the layout along with the letters.. this card is just precious.
    the papers are my favorites!!!
    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. suzie.. thank you so very much for your kind words about my card today.
    love
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so precious and I am simply in love with that image ... perfect for me to make a card from me to my only brother!!! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO cute! thanks for playing along this week at the Shabby Tea Room! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so sweet and cute and adorable, such a fab card.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful!! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Suzi-what a beautiful creation-love the hearts, the sister stickers-everything! You've outdone yourself!! Thanks for playing at Totally Tilda's Ribbon and Roses challenge! xox Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH SUZI! This is GORGEOUS! Total rose overload, I love it!

    http://miomondodiscrap.blogspot.com/2011/01/kadootje.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG SUZI! This is Gorgeous! Total rose overload, I love it!

    Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda Challenges!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx