Saturday, January 8

A Sweet Celebration + Challenges




Good Afternoon my Lovelies,  Well the snow has returned with a vengeance, it snowed from 7pm until midnight last night and we have about 5" of it and yet again some parts of Scotland have come to a standstill, when will it end !!!  I was supposed to go to a craft demo at mid-day with my Daughter but as she lives in a small village there is no way she is going anywhere until the gritters appear which might be a week on Monday if she's lucky. !!!!

Any way I just knuckled down after breakfast, had a wee look around to see if I could find some challenges to inspire me and boy did I get inspired.  I used this sweet hAnglar stamp and settled on the colour combo of Red and White.  The full recipe for my card is below this post.

I hope you all have a wonderful day whether you have been snowed in or not.  The sun is now shining here but it's not strong enough to melt the icy conditions, so I'm staying put and crafting. 

Challenges that have inspired me for this wee card are:

Friday Sketchers Challenge: I followed the Fab sketch from the lovely Jacque who makes the most delicious cards around, do take a peek at the amazing creations the DT have made for us this week.

Saturday Secret Crafters Challenge:  Would love to see Tons of Texture on your creation this week.

Our Creative Corner Challenge:  Have a picture for inspiration this week and I took the colour of the berries as my colour combo.  They are also having a DT call which runs until next week.

2 Sisters Challenge:  Would love to see us Gettin Girly this week.

Craft Your Days Away Challenge:  Have an Anything Goes week this time

The Creative Cottage Challenge:  Would like to see something New being used this week, I have used my new sentiment from Raindrop echo at Whimsy and also my new flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.

Whoopsie Daisy Challenge:  Have the theme of Free & Easy this week.

Bye for Now - probably see you all a little later

Suzi xox

Recipe:
DP: Prima Annalee 6x6 pad & Basic Grey cupcake celebration 12x12
DCWV for mounting
Image: hAnglar stAnglar
Medium:  Promarkers
Chipboard heart: painted with white acrylic paint then crackle glaze and Tulip glitter fabric glue added
MS large round the page border punch
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Ribbon: local haberdashery store
diamante gems:  prima
Extras: Stickles frosted lace and TH tea dye distress ink.
Sentiment: Raindrop Echo Designs for Whimsy Stamps Birthday letter seals.
Nestie's: small circle and circle scallop

18 comments:

  1. Hi Suzi....sorry to hear you couldn't go crafting with your daughter due to the bad weather....the good thing is that you created a wonderful card fullof lovely colouring and details....it id not cold here but lots of rain and storm....have a nice weekend....
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! Love the red and white theme. The stamp is sooo cute. And the colouring of it is fantastic. Love your card. Thanks for playing with us this week at WhoopsiDaisy. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, I love the image and your layout.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Suzi and such a sweet image.

    Thank you for joining us over at CYDA for our 'Anything Goes' challenge.

    Hugs

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling card! I love the red and white and all the embellies! Absolutely gorgeous! I hope the snow melts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzi this is a lovely card hugs maxine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card

    Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards a real stunner! Fabulous job! Thank you for joining us for this weeks challenge with Whoopsi Daisy.
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning card Suzi that image along with the colours and design look wonderful.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Cute image and I love the sentiment!

    Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, this is amazing, Suzi! Such a masterpiece. Love the bright red colour and your fabulous design, fantastic work!
    hugs,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card I love the colours.Thanks for sharing this with us at CYDA.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning Suzi! This is beautiful! I love all the gorgeous elements and the fab colour
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. super colors Suzi and what a beautiful image, love the layout too
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow stunning card fabulous colours and colouring,

    thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 116: Tons Of Texture,
    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi suzi,stunning creation,i love the embellies you have chosen,perfectly coloured too.
    congrats on your win at
    http://charismacardz.blogspot.com/,
    go girl
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea for our new challenge! Love your new sentiment and flowers! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Shelly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx