Friday, February 18

Paper Piecing - I love it




Hello again my dears,  I'm back with my second post of the day but this isn't a DT card, I'm going to a huge family celebration tomorrow eve, our Great Niece is getting engaged and this is the wee card I've made for her.  My dear hubbies family is quite a large one, 4 brothers n sister, between the five we have 21 Nieces and Nephews and they have given us 34 great Nieces and Nephews and one Great Great Niece, when we include Scott's family it's going to be some Party!!!  I'm really looking forward to it.

I didn't want to make the card too girly after all it's for both of them so I chose this wonderful quirky image of Ben & Nora from Whiff of Joy, coloured the skin tones with pro markers and paper pieced his suit and hat and Nora's dress.  I've used the same papers to punch a couple of borders with my new MS Garden Gate large border punch and the flower is made using a Marianne Die with the same paper.  I think it's lovely and I'm sure they will love it.

I am entering it into the following challenges:

Whiff of Joy:  Paper piecing is the theme for this fortnight

I love Promarkers:  Are also looking for paper piecing but of course you must use your pro markers too.

Stamp Something:  This week are looking for something Funky. I think the image is funky

Simon Says Stamps:  Would like to see you make your own embellishments.  My flower is hand made

Fab n Funky: Would also like you to make your own embellishments.

Thank you for popping in to visit, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

 

14 comments:

  1. Hello your card is stunning.
    The image is beautifully colored and I like the colors.
    Beautiful!

    *Karla*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Love the pattern on the suit!

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at stamp something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... Suzi this is GREAT..
    i have not paper pieced in like foreeeeva :-)
    thanks for the inpsiration. this really does look fabulous
    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this so gorgeous!!
    Love your paperpiecing!
    Thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week.
    Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful job you did on this! Love the layout and that paper you used for his dress is like just made for this!

    Thanks for playing at WOJ this week!

    Hugs,
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic wedding card Suzi! Love the flower.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow gorgeous card. That image is fab and loos fantastic paper pieced. Love how you have used your papers and the flower is brilliant. I am sure your card will be very much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and a really fun image, lol. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very great Card.
    Thanks for joining in the SSC this week.

    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable couple.. and love the paper piecing

    Hugs
    NY Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so beautiful.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, Suzi! ♥ Great paper piecing and fabulous colors.
    Thank you for joining us at Whiff of Joy challenge blog.

    Hugs,
    ⓂⒶⓃⓊⒺⓁⒶ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific card! What great paper piecing you have done here! Fabulous card.
    Thanks for joining us at WoJ Challenges.
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx