Friday, February 18

Winter Wonderland - It's Beggining to feel a lot like Christmas - DT card



Good Morning my Dears,  It's Friday, only a few hours until the weekend begins, Yippee!!!  For the past few weeks we have allowed any type of card creation in the challenge so far this year but this week sees the official start of our Christmas Card Challenge over at Winter Wonderland and it is the lovely Marianne who has chosen the theme

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot like Christmas.
A nice easy challenge for you
We would like you to make any type of Christmas Card this week.

I am so excited to getting on with making my Christmas cards for my favourite season in the year. Just think, no more rushed last minute cards on Christmas Eve. (which happened last year) and I swore "Never Again" lol.  

I've chosen to make a non traditional colour of Christmas card, Blue & Pink.  Sweet Tilda with present was the image I chose and I've used Promarkers to colour her hair, skin, socks and ribbon, but I have paper pieced her little outfit and the gift she is carrying. I used the same paper for the scalloped centre strip behind her and the large snowflake. The full recipe for my card is below this post.

Our Sponsor this week is the fabulous Delicious Doodles and they are giving one lucky winner their choice of 3 of their wonderful digital images.



I am so looking forward to seeing all your wonderful creations over the coming week. Please do pop over and take a peek at my lovely Teamie's card, they have yet again done a wonderful job just for you.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend ahead of you.

Other Challenges Entered

Party Time Tuesday:  I followed the amazing sketch only instead of a butterfly I've used a snowflake.

I love Promarkers:  Are looking for you to do some paper piecing this week.

7 Kids College Fund:  Are looking for square cards this week. My card is a 6 x 6

Papertake Weekly:  Are looking for Glitter, Gems and Sparkle this week.

Little Claire's Designs:  It's Claire's 1st challenge and it's an anything goes theme, so do pop over and join in and give the girls some support.

Recipe:

DP: Paper mania Deck the Halls - K&Co Xmas special
Image: Tilda with present. Magnolia
Medium: Pro markers
Snowflake: 3 Marianne D's dies various sizes
Swirls, Marianne D's
Nestie: Circle scallop for sentiment
Sentiment: Prairie Fairy Designs
MS Large border punch Garden Gate
Xcut scallop punch
white Gossamer ribbon and gems: stash
Swirls made with glittered sticky back foam pad.

15 comments:

  1. Suzi, Christmas is the last thing on my mind right now but your card is so gorgeous I might just pop over and have a go at this challenge. Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Suzi and you are wise getting them in early

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzi this card is just Wow. I love that you haven't used traditional colours and I have to say I am a very big Tilda fan also you have coloured her beautifully love Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colour scheme. I love non traditional colours as well as the traditional. Have a great weekend. Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! I love the sparkly swirls and the pink snowflake paper. Great job with the sketch. So glad you could join us at Party Time Tuesdays. Hope to see you again soon!
    ~Renee
    PTT DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card Suzi...great colour combi and fab details...your colouring is wonderful as ever....enjoy your weekend!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh delish, love the colour combo very vibrant and so pretty, love all the added embellies too
    have a great weekend
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card , beautiful snowflake and swirls .Thanks for joining us at I ♥ promarkers this week -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an adorable card! I love the color combo!

    Thanks for joining PTT this week and we hope to see you again soon!

    Patchi
    PTT-DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy Christmas, we are still in February right hehe. Beautifull card though and love the colour combination and sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and lovely colours. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzi what a delightfully sweet image and beautiful take on the PTT Sketch. Thanks for partying with us this week, I do hope you'll join us again soon!

    Danie - PTT - DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card thanks for joining us for our first challenge over at Little Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job with the sketch! Love your very darling images and all the sparkle!

    Thanks so much for partying with us at PTT. Hope to see you back next week!
    Jenn
    Party Time Tuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, such gorgeous colours! Thanks for joining us for our 1st challenge at Little Claire :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx