Monday, March 14

Birthday Wishes + Challenges



Good Evening my Dears,  I am absolutely loaded with a rotten head cold today, I was working last night doing cabaret in West Lothian where I must say the weather was atrocious.  I was driving home in  the most awful snowstorm blizzard conditions at 1.00am in the morning, I must have caught a chill in the -2 deg snowy conditions when I was loading up my car with my equipment.  I've so far had 3 lemsips, a couple of dozes on the settee, but I managed to make this card between 10am and now in starts n stops. 

I've used the newest Adorable stamp from Sugar Nellie, she is called Connie, isn't she stunning. I coloured her with my pro markers and cut her on an oval nestie die and mounted her onto a Nellie Sneddon fancy scalloped die.  My flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts but the gardenia have been pulled apart and re formed to suit my needs and I've popped little card candy in the centres. The full recipe for my card is below this post.

I hope you all have a wonderful day/evening.

The challenges I'm entering are:

The Sugar Bowl:  I followed Erika's lovely sketch and went with the extra theme of Spring.

Wild Orchid Craft:  Would like to see Die Cuts and /or Punches.  I've used Nestie's, Nelli Sneddon and Marianne D's heart die's, I've also used a scallop punch for my sentiment.

The Shabby Tea Room:  Would love to see our Celebration/Birthday creations as they Celebrate their own 1st Birthday this week.

Cute Card Thursday:  Would love to see your Birthday Cards this week as they also celebrate their own 3rd  Birthday  this week.


Recipe
DP:  Wid Rose Studio gorgeous ginghams
DCWV Garden Party glitter stack.
Image: Sugar Nellie Adorable's 'Connie' from Funky Kits
Medium: Promarkers
Die Cuts: Nesti oval, Nellie Sneddon oval fancy scallop; Marianne D's Heart
Puches: Xcut circle & scallop circle
Flowers, pearl stamens, vintage seam binding:  Wild Orchid Crafts.
Sentiment: Just rite

16 comments:

  1. Super cute ... love that pink gingham paper! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room for our birthday bash :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is one of my fav images hun,and you have colured her brilliantly,just love love the layout and papers,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...she looks so real! Superb job with the coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an Adorable creation , Love the colours and details
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous. I love that image! Thank you for celebrating with us at Cute Card Thursday!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous, delicate design and wonderful colouring - amazing work!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  7. You poor dear... Hope you are feeling better..

    This is beautiful..love how you framed the images with the flowers

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're feeling much better Suzi. Your card is just lovely. So beautifully colored she looks lifelike. Great embellishments finish this card off perfectly.
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely beautiful Suzi that image, the colours and design look truly wonderful.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty Suzi,
    hope you're feeling better now
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many pretty details...beautiful image! Thanks for joining us for our Birthday Bash at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the image and all the pink. Beautiful work.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts Dieing to Punch Challenge!

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card Suzi! Love that gorgeous image too and you did a great job coloring it in! :D

    xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what a fantastic card. I really adore this image and you've coloured it perfectly! Great take on the sketch, too.

    Thanks so much for playing with us in The Sugar Bowl.

    Hugs, Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing coloring!! I wish I had discovered pro markers before collecting a huge amount of copics!
    Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx