Sunday, March 27

Creative Inspirations #56 Mothers Day/Mum/Mom





Good Morning my Lovelies,  Well!! the garden is tidy and all my bedding plants are in the ground but oh my goodness to what cost.  I don't know which part of my body doesn't ache!! lol, that will teach me to go at it hammer and tongs.

Anyhoo, It's Sunday and here in the UK it's Mothering Sunday next week so for our bi-weekly challenge over at Creative Inspirations we are asking you for a Mothers Day card/gift/project.

I've never made a clean and simple card before!!!  and even with this one I'm not sure it's as CAS as it should be, still had to add Lace, ribbon, Tulle and a pretty brad. 

This card will sit on my side table along with a sweet bunch of Tulips for my Mum who sadly I lost 46 years ago. It's just my way of trying to remember the short time we had together.

I used a beautiful digital image that I received from the lovely Eiglas a long time ago. You can see all Ei's lovely creations here, including some of her amazing papers too.  I printed it off twice and coloured it with pro markers, lay the first one down on the card and cut out the second which has been heat embossed twice with clear powder and then placed on top to give it that raised effect. Sadly the camera didn't pick up the shiny glossy effect.   I used my score board to go around the outside of the card and added the few bits and pieces to it.  I'm sure my Mum would have loved it as Tulips were her fav flowers.

Our Sponsor this week is the wonderful Joanna Sheen and she is giving one lucky winner a £10,00 gift voucher to spend in store.


That's all from me for now, I'll be back later when I finish off my next project. See you all later.

Challenges Entered:

Simon Says Stamps:  Are looking for Mothers Day/Girlie this week.
Crafts & Me:  Have an Anything goes theme this week
Craft Your Days Away:  Have a Mom/Special Lady theme this week.
Easy Craft Projects:  Would like to see something for Mum
Stamping for the Weekend:  Also have a Mothers Day theme.

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation again this week hunni.Really love the image and layout of your card
    hugs Judex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful Suzi!! and what a lovely way to remember your Mum
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really beautiful Suzi...so sad you cannot hand it over to your mum....46 years....that's a long time without her....have a wonderful Sunday with your painful body....lol
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fabulously striking card! :)

    Great image that looks great in 3d.

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Card Suzi... Love the tulip, a sure sign that spring is on the way...

    Hugs
    Debbie

    P.S. what a lovely way to remember your Mum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzi, I love your card, it is sooooo elegant and I love the trim you have used,
    take care,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous, Suzi. The image and colors are wonderful. I see you've been using your scoring board too. I always forget to do things like that and it just adds a tremendous amount of interest to your work. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh hunny this is so beautiful,so sorry you cant give it to your mum,but she would have just adored it hun,love hugs cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely card Suzi, such a gorgeous flower, I love your colouring and the 'pebbly' background too. I'm sure your mum would have loved it.

    Hope you stop aching soon!

    love, Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  10. great mother's day card, I love the scoring.
    thanks for playing with us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absoutely beautiful Suzi!! That flower is stunning and your details sooo pretty!!

    So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suzi this is gorgeous. Its so chic, I love the flower image you've used. I sorted my blogger disappearing pictures problem or rather it sorted itself out??? Not sure what happened!!??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Suzi this is so beautiful the image, lace and the Tulle flower look wonderful your mum would have loved them so much I am sure,
    Hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh this is so striking Suzi, its so beautiful! What a great colour and the image is fab
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautifully striking card Suzi! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our Mother's Day/ for a Special Lady challenge, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx