Friday, March 25

First handmade ribbon Rose + Challenges



Good Morning Lovely Peeps,  It's a lovely Sunny Day here in Scotland and after posting this I'm off out into the garden to do some tidying up.  From my window in front of me I can see the buds on my cherry blossom tree and all the lovely crocus and miniature daffodils, but I can see some weeds too, so they have to go and as I'm so unsure of the weather it's best to do it now.

I wanted to show you my first ever coloured  lotv stamp.  I've had these stamps for ages, in fact since the launch before the new spring stamps came out and this is the first time I've been able to ink one of them up and colour her.  Oh but she is adorable.  I used Pro markers and glamour dust on her wings and mounted her onto a Nesti scalloped die. I used my new MS large border punch (Garden Gate) behind her and my craft concept embossing folder fluterbys which I've distress with TH inks and a little glitter.  My papers are from MME spring collection

The card has been machine stitched around the edges and on the mounting square behind the sweet fairy.

I watched the video tutorial over at Reasonable Ribbons on how to make one of these super Ribbon Roses, and I must admit I am really quite pleased with it.  I added stickles to give it a bit of a glitzy look. The rest of my recipe is below this post.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges.

Lili of the Valley :  Are looking for Punches this week. I've used MS punch and my circle punch for the sentiment.
Flutterby Wednesday: Have an anything goes theme so long as you use a butterfly, fairy or angel on your card
Digi Doodle Shops Best:  Have the theme of Ribbons and Bows this week, my flowers is made of ribbon and I have died vintage binding as my bow.
Anything Goes Challenge: Would like you to make your own embellishments this week. My rose flower is hand made as is my bow.
Moving Along with the Times:  Would like you to use Metal on your project this week.
Delightful Challenges: Would like to see Pastel colours and Ribbons this week.
Colour Create:  Have the theme of Pastel colours this week.
Tellens Place:  Would like to see Texture this week.
Crafty Creations:  Are looking for Stitching this week faux or real
ABC DT Challenge:  Have a Birthday theme this month.



Recipe:
DP: MME spring collection 2010
Image: Lili of the Valley
Medium: Pro Markers
Nestie's:  circle small and circle scallops
MS garden gate large punch
Ribbon for Rose:  fantasticribbons.co.uk
Ribbon for Bow: Vintage Findings  Linda (The funkie Junkie)
Metal Ornate Corners:  Wild Orchid Crafts
Butterfly: Stash
Sentiment:  Lili of the Valley

24 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous card .. i love those corners and the flower
    Thanks for joining our precious metals challenge this week at MAWTT
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Suzi! LOVE that ribbon rose. I just adore handmade fabric flowers! I'm about to try to make some fabric roses with the seam binding - wish me luck! Have tried before and failed, but wanting to have another go at it.

    Glad you got your package! I think your pink seam binding ribbon here looks a bit familiar - LOL! Wait til you see my Simon Says post on Monday. I'm creating a virtual spring garden of crinoline flowers!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful fabric flower! Thanks for joining us at ABC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Suzi. That rose and bow are delightful and love the stitching as well. Thankyou for sharing this with us at Tellen's Place and hope to see you back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ribbon rose a lovely card thanks for playing at Telllens Place this week
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Suzi. What a stunning card and look at all the beautiful and different textures that you have added. I adore your beautiful image, but my favourite part is your fantastic and most wonderful flower. Just love it. Thank you for joining us at Tellens Place and good luck.
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Suzi, the ribbon rose looks amazing and I like the way you have used the metal corners. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Good luck. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card Suzi and your flower is gorgeous. Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet image, and a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your flower is awesome...love the overall card. Thanks for joining us at ABC DT Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzi, this is such a cute image and those corners are gorgeous. Tell me what is glamour dust? Love the flowers also. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card Suzi, such lovely colours and design. The corners add some extra dimension along with your other great embellishments.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week for our precious metals challenge.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. super sweet card!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your image is just adorable and I love your handmade flower! Beautiful. Thanks for playing along with Colour Create.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love this card! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Hope to see your again on our blog!

    Greetings,
    Katja (DDSB-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love Pom Pom and your ribbon rose is adorable. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card.Your ribbon rose looks fabulous.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card, love your ribbon roses, thanks for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is one adorable card Suzi, a perfect take for our theme this week- love your ribbon rose.
    Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
    Hugs,
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Suzi, what a magnificent card! I just love the pink color combo and the elements are to die for! That lovely bow - wow! I love the image and the butterfly not to mention those fab photo corners - wow! This is so awesome! Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place this week for our "Texture" challenge! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful card, loving the flower, thank you for joining us this week at LOTV. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, this is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your texture creation with us at Tellen's Place this week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow that flower is just stunning, I love it! Love the image as well you have coloured her so delicately, Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes, K x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx