Thursday, March 10

Sweet Daisy in the Garden



Good Morning,  It's a lovely sunny day here today although the winds are whipping up a storm !!!  As some of you know I've been dabbling in Tim Holtz distress inks trying to master colouring in my images with them. I only have 12 colours so far but plan on buying lots more when I've saved a little. lol!!!

I used the lovely Daisy by Elizabeth Bell from the Sugar Nellie collection  but before I started I layed down a colour chart of the colours I have and the colours I could achieve by nixing some of the inks.  It helped me enormeously so I thought I would enter this into the Top Tip challenge this week.

The full recipe for my card is below this post.  I hope the sun is shining where you are and that you are having a great week.

Challenges that Daisy is entering are:

Die Cut Dreams:  Are looking for a Garden Scene this week.

Make it colourful: Are looking for colour with shine. It's my first time entering so please be gentle with me lol.

Simon Says Stamps:  Have an Anything Goes theme this week.

A Spoon full of Sugar:  Would like to see vintage/shabby this week.

Crafty Cardmakers: Would like you to use Fabric/Ribbon this week.

Tip Top Tuesday: Have a theme of Birthday this week with a fab box tutorial on the Blog.

Little Claire's:  Would love to see Flowers this week.

Digi Doodle Shops Best:  Would like to see Pearls.

Do You Stack Up:  Have the theme of Layers this week.

Delightful Challenges: Would like to see Butterfly's this week.

Anything Goes: Would like to see Die Cuts this week.

Craft Your Passion:  Anything Goes this week.

Fab n Funky: Would like to see Girly this week.


Recipe:
DP:Prima Annalee
Image:  Daisy - Sugar Nellie
Medium: TH Distress Inks
Nestie's:  Circle Small & Circle Scallops
Flowers: Bo Bunny, Prima, Wild Orchid Crafts. Petalloo, stash
Webbed fabric: Bunny Zoes Crafts
Butterfly: stash
Sentiment: Lili of the Valley
Outer fancy edge:  Nellie Sneddon corner die. x 6 and glued onto back of scallop.

28 comments:

  1. WOW! This is beautiful! i LOVE it! love the colors, the design, all the wonderful embellies and your coloring looks fab. i so wanna try distressing too, but i have no ide how to do it. just lerning to handle my copics, but ist so different looking with distressing, and depending on what images you are working with i sometimes wisch i new how to use distressing, like with some tilda stamps, copics dont look as good as distress colors, at least i think so. anyways i LOVE your little Daisy! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful made card suzi

    hope ur ok

    liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card Suzi, gorgeous image and colouring and some great details
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite images and you colored it to perfection!!!

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. The image is gorgeous and I love your coloring. The colors are so pretty and all the details are just fabulous.

    Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzi hun, hope you are well. Wow this is such a gorgeous card, love the distressing and those fabby flowers. Thanks for joining in our Spring Garden challenge at DCD this time. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Dawn and the Dream Team xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. my favourite image and you have done a brill job with the oolouring. I too love distress ink pads but have never coloured with them..perhaps i should give it a go

    sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red being my favorite color, I am sitting here drooling over this beauty! Sweet image and all the red embellies are totally fabulous. I really like that sentiment too!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just adore Daisy and she looks fantastic with this papr and those fab flowers. Gorgeous colouring. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful - that's one of my favourite images too and I love all the details you've added.

    Thanks for joining us at Little Claire.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh hun,this is just stunning,just love that image one of my fav,and the colurs and papers are just perfect,hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suzi, this is gorgeous, love the colour combo and fabulous colouring. Definitely my sort of image. Thanks for joining us at Make It Colourful. Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a pretty card thanks for entering into our challenge at crafty cardmakers
    gill x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suzi this is gorgoeus hun, a fantastic card, beautifully coloured image. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and such lovely colouring.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion and Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooh one of my fav images and I love how you coloured her - must try this combo myself. The flowers compliment it all perfectly.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This has to be one of my all time fave images and your card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is knock your socks off stunning! The colour combo is so beautiful. Such an exquisite card
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Suzi, absolutely wonderful layers card! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Daisy is one of my all time favourite images and boy have you ever done her justice here, both with the way she is coloured and the LO of your card.

    Thanks for joining in with our fabric challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty card! One of my fave colour combos! Great to have you joining in with us this week at DYSU! Hope you come back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. a really beautiful card thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps challenge! hugs,Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  24. gorgeous card , love the cute image, Thanks for sharing with us at Delightful challenges this week, happy crafting xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for joining delightful challenges this week! What a beautiful card! I love all the layers and details!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a gorgeous card.

    Thank you for joining us at Little Claire for the fortnightly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful card!!. Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday. Good luck
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx