Friday, March 18

Winter Wonderland - Embossing Dry/Heat




Good Morning Everyone,  Oh it's Friday thank goodness, I've not been around since Monday, I've been really poorly !!!  the dreaded flue type bug hit me on Monday and I've been semi-conscious since. Mind you that's not a bad thing where my dear Hubby is concerned, he's had 4 days of peace and quiet, lol!!!

I'm being naughty really, he's looked after me beautifully, hot toddies, toast, toast and more toast!!!! hehehe!
Anyway I'm feeling a lot better now, It was my turn Host the challenge over at


Where it is Marianne's Teams turn to inspire and enthuse you, which the girls have done beautifully, do pop over and take a peek at the wonderful creation made just for you by my lovely friends on the DT.

Our theme this week is EMBOSSING  Dry or/and Heat.  Your choice.  I've done both with my card, the centre section has been embossed using my CB Swiss Dots folder and my heat embossing is my sentiment and the 4 fancy corner dies from Marianne D's die cuts.  I embossed them first through my big shot then distressed them with TH Victorian Velvet, I them ran over them with my clear ink pad and added Rangers Bridal embossing powder. I'm quite pleased with how they turned out.  I've even got the sewing machine out and stitched all around the card.  The full recipe for my card is below this post.

We have two wonderful Sponsors this week, which means two prizes, yes you heard me right, we will have two winners.

The first of our sponsors is the lovely Lynne from Sentiments 4 You and she is giving one lucky winner a
$10.00 gift voucher to spend in store.  Lynne has a store full of wonderful sentiments and I'm sure you will have no problem spending the voucher.

Another Fabulous Sponsor

Our Next Sponsor is the lovely Stitchy from Stitchy Bear Stamps and she is giving the other lucky winner a
$10.00 gift voucher to spend in store.  How great is that.


Gift Voucher for Stitchy weeks

I am so looking forward to seeing all your amazing creations over the coming week, so come along and join us in making a wonderful Christmas creation which can be stowed away ready for the festive season in 9 months time.

 I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Challenges Entered:

Free 4 Ever:  Corry has some wonderful Blogaversary Candy up for Grabs and to get a second entry the lovely Claudia Rosa has created the most wonderful Sketch for the celebration. I've followed the sketch.

Wild Orchid Craft Challenge: Would like to see Die Cuts and/or Punches this week. I've used Nellie Sneddon fancy oval, Marianne D's corner die and Swirl accent.

Creatalicious Challenge: Are looking for Two Tone this month. My card is shades of Pink & Green.

Papertake Weekly:  Would like us to use 3 of Something this week. I've used 3 flowers in layers, 3 papers.

Charisma Cardz:  Would like us to use Die Cuts this week. 

Paplerplay:  Would love to see Embossing this week.

Just Magnolia & hAnglar sTanglar:  Are looking for your favourite colour combo this week


Recipe:
DP: Daisy & Dandelion Penelope & Percy  - Karrs Xmas Special - DCWV texture
Image: hAnglar sTanglar
Medium:  Pro markers & Staedler water colour pencils
Die Cuts: Nellie Sneddon - Marianne D's
Velvet Ribbon: Stash
Sentiment: House Mouse
Embossing powders:  Rangers Bridal - Heat it up Gold Tinsel
Glamour Dust for wings, bauble and swirls.
Flowers:  Prima, snowdrop from Bunny Zoe's Crafts, Petaloo velvet glittered Hydrangeas

10 comments:

  1. Hi Suzi hope your feeling a bit better. I love the embossed corners they frame the card design perfectly love Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're feeling much better and what a treasure you have at home. Fabulous card, so much going on and all so pretty in pink. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to Spring, but your Winter Wonderland is lovely! Thanks for joining us at PaperPlay Challenges this week!

    Angie
    www.scrapgirl-angie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty Suzi. Loving the corners - will have to give that a try

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Cramoli Suzi girl you have outdone yourself with the sketch. Best I've seen of it so far. Great flourishes. Perfect embossing and a super color scheme! LOVE IT! Perfect for your second entry! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just beautiful - love the colours, your embellishments, the whole card. and i MUST get my hands on some of those Marianne dies, as i'm DROOLING over your flourishes! thanks so much for sharing your project with the Charisma Gals this week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a really lovely card - thankyou for joining us on PTW this week
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is absolutely beautiful!!!
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a sweet card. I love your embossing. Thanks for playing along at Paper Play this week.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS,love all the beautiful details!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx