Wednesday, April 27

Tilda is Sitting so Pretty



What a beautiful day we are having here in the West of Scotland. The sun is shining, there is a slight breeze and I've just finished my lunch out in the garden.   I've come indoors only because my hairdresser is about to descend on me and perform her magic on my locks. 

I finished this little card this morning and thought I would enter sweet Tilda into a few challenges. The full recipe for my card is below this post.  No point in dragging out the post with the where's and how's of how it was created.  There are lots of different elements used. The only thing I will point out is my first ever handmade hat pin which was created from a very old necklace. I'm quite proud of it, now that I know it's possible I'll be on the lookout for fancier beads etc in the future.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and that the sun shines for you where ever you are.

Challenges I would like to participate in are:

Simon Says Challenge:  This week there is a celebratory BLOG HOP, which I will be taking part in after my hairdresser has gone, I love the DT's  creations and admire them every Wednesday.  The theme this week is Anything Goes.
Magnolia Stamp Lovers Challenge:  Would love to see Flowers this week
Craft Your Passion Challenge:  Lots of Layers this week
Sparkle Forum Challenge:  Anything Goes this week
Make it Monday Challenge:  Anything Goes this week
Party Time Tuesday Challenge:  Anything Goes this week
I Did it Creations Challenge:  have a recipe this week, 2 patterned papers, 3 embellishments, 1 image.
Flutterby Wednesday Challenge:  Have a recipe of 2 patterned papers, 3 flowers, 1 image and of course either a butterfly, fairy or angel.

Recipe:

DP:  DCWV garden party - K&Co Life's Journey
Image: Magnolia Tilda with large Bow
Medium:  Promarkers and water colour pencils
Nestie's: small circle & circle scallops  distressed with TH Victorian Velvet
Die Cut Hearts from Mariann D's die again distressed with TH inks
Butterfly:  Prima
Pearls: Prima
Flowers & Vintage seam binding bow:  Wild Orchid Crafts
Stickles: Frosted Lace
Web Ribbon: Bunny Zoe's Crafts
Corner filigree work: Nellie Sneddon Die
Hat Pin: made by me


37 comments:

  1. Woow she is adorable with the pink colorcolors around her, the roses re beautiful, bye Mascha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love your color choices. The hat pin is so nice. I think I might just try making some myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job!! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Suzi, Yes she is Pretty sitting in all of the pretties!!! Beautiful colors and details!!
    Have a great day..
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous creation Suzi, so sweet and gentle, I love that Tilda image and the precious blooms.

    Thanks so much for joining us at IDIC this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzi, what a gorgeous card! Love your coloring of Tilda, and your layout with all the different elements is stunning! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww what a cutie.. so pretty. I love the little hearts

    Thanks for linking up to make it Monday this week
    Lisa x
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous I love that Tilda image and the colours are fab
    Thanks for joining in at SFC this time

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely. the image is really cute and love the colours used.

    Thanks for joining us at SFC.

    Hugs, Lynsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzi...what a wonderful card....nice colours and great colouring....love all your details, especiaaly your first handmade pin!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely lovely, Suzi! Love those colors and I'm drooling over those die cut hearts - not familiar with that company, but they are wonderful. Just a gorgeous piece of work! Sorry I haven't been by in awhile - life gets in the way sometimes! Hope you are having a great week.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh love this hun,that tilda is just so super cute and love all the elements you have added to this and just love your pin,hun hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suzi this is fantastic! Loooove the hearts and Tilda looks marvelous! Wonderful job!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab job on this delightful card Suzi, love the Marianne die hearts and all the details, great coloring
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Suzi, well done on the hat pin, I'll look out for your new makes in the future.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. such an adorable card. love the colors, the image, those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh How pretty, love the flowers surrounding Tilda.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, Suzi! Love those yummy flowers and Tilda is beautiful!!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful. I love your color choices and sweet Tilda is colored so perfectly!
    Hugs Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wowzer, I love this Suzi. Beautiful and lovely coloring with wonderful details.
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Suzi, this is simply fabulous! I just love everything about your card here , embellies, coloring, image, everything is perfect! Just adorable!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all the layers! The hearts and flowers are fabulous and of course, your Tilda is colored fabulously! Hugs, Rosie :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh this is gorgeous and adorable too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Suzi, stunning card, beautiful colours and papers, Tilda is so pretty in pink and your details and embellishments are awesome. Well done on your first 'hat pin' it's fabulous - is a new addiction born?

    So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge and blog hop
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. So wonderful card Suzi,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers and the details.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. So gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card. Love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card Suzi, such pretty colours and flowers, love the hat pin too xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. so so pretty! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh Suzi, what an absolutely beautiful vintagey card you've made. I love my hatpins and have loads of them with an assortment of beads that I just thread onto them... let me know if you need some. I adore that Web Ribbon, will have to visit Zoe Crafts. Stunning flowers, wow! hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a wonderful card :)
    I love that Magnolia stamp :)

    Thank you for joining us this week at IDIC.

    Hugs Gurkiss

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi

    Wow, I just keep going back to look at it some more. Absolutely beautiful card!! The more I look the more wonderful detail I see.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It MOnday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful card I just adore it Thank you for joining us at Craft your Passion
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  34. I saw your card over at "Make it Monday" and really admire all the layers you have created, love the colours, and Tilda is very pretty in Pink, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! This card is so prety!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining the Party this week and I hope to see more cards from you soon!

    Patchi
    PTT-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx