Thursday, June 16

Hand Made Flower & Pin for Tilda



Good Evening my dears,  Well the Grandchildren have gone home!!!  they must have had jelly babies or something with additives at school today because they were super hyper!!  The twins were just full of mischief today and the 14yr old has hormonal problems, he is "in love" and doesn't quite know how to handle it!! I think i've given him some sound advice,  aren't Grandmothers wonderful people lol.

Anyway I started this card yesterday when I came across these lovely challenge blogs for the first time, so I thought I would create something for them and for the regular challenge blogs that I love to enter. 

I've used sweet Tilda in Rubber Boots from the Butterfly & Dreams collection, isn't she a doll.  My papers are basic grey but I cannot remember which pad they came from.  My full recipe is below this post.

I do have to tell you that I made the flower myself, I incorporated white netting fabric and interface fabric, used my Marianne D's dies and my doohickey lace doily flower die, there are 11 layers and I then distressed them all with TH tattered rose inks. popped on a jewelled brad from Do craft and there you have it, a very pretty flower with nice texture.  I also made the little hatpin from various beads I have in my stash.

Thank you so much for popping in to visit me, I really appreciate you taking the time, and I wish you all a lovely day/evening where ever you are.

I would like to enter the following challenge.

Simon Says Stamp Challenge:  This week the theme is a game of BINGO, I chose Flowers/Brad/Sentiment
Paper Sundaes Challenge:  Would love to see a Girly Girls creation this week.
The Emerald Faeries Challenge: Would like to see Petals this week, and they also have a DT call.
The Beary Sweet Challenge: Would like to see hand made Embellishments, I made my flower and my pin.
Cards and Scrap Challenge: Would love to see either Lace or Ribbon or both.
Creative Card Crew Challenge: Would like to see Ribbon and Brads this week
Paper Creations Ink Challenge: Would like to see Ribbon or Lace this week

Hugs to you all

Recipe:

DP: Basic Grey (think it's called Bitter Sweet)?  Prima: Annalee
Image: Magnolia Tilda with Rubber Boots
Medium: Pro markers & Water Colour Pencils
Nesti: Spellbinders Oval
Martha Stewart: Large border punch Lace doily
Vintage Ribbon: The Funky Junkie etsy store
Hat pin: made by me
Tiled Letters:  Papermania Rose Garden accessories.
Mini Metal Corners:  Wild Orchid Crafts (new release)
Extras: Tim Holtz distress inks: Tea Dye & Tattered Rose

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful and delicious cards! The flower you have made yourself look beautiful!

    Thank you for participating in the Card and Scrap's challenge:)

    Hugs Mette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, pretty card. Love the soft coloring. Gorgeous flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzi, what a gorgeous card! I love how you colored sweet Tilda, your dp's are gorgeous, as is that beautiful flower! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card and I love love love the flower. Scotland is a place I would love to visit someday. My grandparents came from Scotland. But as my grandkids say, time is running away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzi, gorgeous card. Love the pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzi, this card is gorgeous! Love your flower and the layout of the card.

    Deb H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh how PRETTY!!!!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzi, your card is gorgeous. It so soft and colored beautifully. Your flower is gorgeous, especially with the ribbon and pin. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card. It is very "girly". I love the soft pink colors you chose. Your flower is so beautiful. On a side note I live with one of my daughters and her four children. The eight year old granddaughter has her own hormonal moments even at this age, my 7 yr old grandson is the picky eater so cooking dinner can be a real challenge like it was tonite and the 4 yr old special twin grandsons are a handful of energy and high spirits every day. It us never dull around here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable. Your flower arrangement is so very pretty and Tilda is the cutest ever!
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Suzi, wow! I LOVE everything about this, the colors and details are fabulous! LOVE that flower and the stickpin, great job on the Do It Yourself! Thanks for joining our DIY challenge, good luck!

    Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Suzi, this is so darling and elegant Tilda card :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card Suzi! I just love this Tilda and the way you colored here in very soft pink! Your handmade flower is so pretty!
    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  14. wawwww she is beautiful.

    Thank you for participating in the Card and Scrap's challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, Suzi - this is lovely! I adore Tilda and your handmades. Thanks for the interfacing idea - I like the soft texture. I'm working on my own handmade embellishment for the challenge using crinoline. Fun uses for fabric store finds!

    Thanks so much for making our Beary Sweet challenge part of your day. Being a fan of yours for quite a while, I'm happy to see you. :)

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely gorgeous, Suzi! Beautiful flower and Tilda is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Tilda on your card! Your flower is beautiful. I can't believe you made it yourself; it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just delightful, Suzi! I love the way you did the sentiment as well as your little stick pin/flower grouping. The colors are girly and match the feminine touches. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This one is adorable!!!! Love the colors and the image is so sweet!!!! Excellent job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutely darling! I love the pretty card you created here! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  21. So adorable Suzi. I love your flower. The whole card is beautiful. your coloring and design fabulous.
    hugs Maz

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your flower is amazing! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG Suzi this is superb what a beautiful flower and such a gorgeous design I so love that image of Tilda she looks awesome.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Suzi,
    Love love love this adorable card! The papers you used are beautiful and the image is shaded perfectly!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful! Great Papers and I love the flower!
    Thanks for joining us at Papers Sundaes - hope you'll play with us soon!

    Hugs,
    Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ohhh this is stunning- a beautifl card Hun. Thank you for joining us atthe EFG Challenge this time & best wishes

    hugz, Deb/ Owner

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty card thanks for playing with us at The Beary Sweet Challenges.
    ~Patricia
    TBS DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx