Friday, June 17

Wedded Bliss



A very good morning to everyone,  I am so fed up with this weather, we've had two days of sunshine over the last 3 weeks and guess what, it's pouring yet again with rain and the sky is a shade just under black.  Arrrgggh!!  I don't think we're getting a summer this year.!!!

Anyway I wanted to show you something a little different from me. It's not Magnolia, it's a sweet image from hAnglar sTangler. My card shape is from my newest acquisition die from Go Kreate, I love it because it gives you a 3" card right up to a 6" one. 

Anyway after cutting out three layers I distressed them with Tim Holtz antique linen, then tea dye and finally brushed corduroy.
For the ornate frame around the image I added a little broken china in places. I'm quite please with the antique/vintage look.

I added some vintage hessian lace and velvet pearl trim. The little metal corner and Roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts, torn and distressed papers are from K&Co. The little stamp sentiment and die are from Whimsy Stamps, the journaling sentiment is from papermania.

Oh! and before I forget I did something that I never do, I tore my paper!!!! believe me you don't want to know how much I apologised to it before commencing. lol.

That's all from me this morning, but I will be back a little later with another project I'm finishing off.

I hope you all have a wonderful day ahead of you.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp and Show: Would like to see Distressing and Torn Paper.
Lovely hAngler only: I followed the fab sketch this week.
Colour Create:  Have a colour scheme of Blue/Grey/White this week
Passion For Pro markers:  This week it's Here comes the bride
Totally Papercrafts: Die Cuts and Punches this week
Really Reasonable Ribbon: Journaling/hand written sentiment this week, with of course some trim or ribbon added.
Pollycraft Monday:  Ribbons n Flowers this week, there is also a DT call up.
Sentimental Sunday: Inspired by a Song this week: my song is "Going to the Chapel and we're gonna get Married" I think is was the Ronette's first and then the Dixie Cups did a cover version.
Southern Girls:  Anything goes this week.


Recipe:
DP: white card stock - papers from K&Co Hydrangea Stripe
Image: hAnglar sTangler
Medium: Pro markers
Die Cuts: Go Kreate Frilly Squares, Whimsy Stamps mini stamp die
Lace and Ribbon: Local Haberdashery store
Flowers:Wild Orchid Crafts as is the little metal corner
Stamp sentiment: Whimsy Stamps
Journal ticket: Papermania.

21 comments:

  1. I love all the detail you've put into this card, Suzi and the H & S image is so cute - I haven't seen it before!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute, yet elegant card with wedding theme! Just fab! I love the adorable hänglar stamps!! :)

    Have a fab weekend!!
    Hugs, Hege

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's absolutely gorgeous and so elegant.
    I love all details and the couple is just cute.

    Thanks for joining us at "lovely hÄnglar only",

    hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the lace and all the pretty layers! Thank You so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card. Love all the golds and the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Suzi, what an eyecatcher....this is so beautiful...great colouring and wonderful details....have a lovely weekend!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous love that frame great colours and distressing !! thanks so much for joining us at lovely hAnglar only this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzi,
    This is such a gorgeous image & I love the vintage look, with all the fabulous details. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Suzi...I left you an award on my blog!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous wedding card Suzie!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is gorgeous, love the shape, distressing and image too, thanks for sharing with us at colour create, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW...your card is amazing...the shape, colors and the details are wonderful :0)))

    Thanks for joining us at lho ;0)

    Hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your vintage look card with all those layers and antiquing!! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls. Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow again what a suoper special card!!!! The colors are awesome and the design spectacular!!!! Love this one too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning creation Suzi I so love the vintage style, my all time favourite, that image along with the shape and design look amazing.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful piece of work, Suzi! I love all the shapes and layers. Great color palette too! Fabulous to have you joining in the distressing fun this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very pretty card Suzi..love the sweet image...thanks for joining us at PFP this week...good luck..Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Suzi, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this is fabulous Suzi, I love the frame and the wonderful layers. The shape is fab
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card Suzi the colours and layers are fab as is all the distressing!
    Thanks for entering our challenge at simon Says Stamp and Show,
    BiG HuGs Kim and the Team :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card.
    Thank you for playing along with
    Really Reasonable Ribbon !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx