Saturday, July 9

Pillow Talk



Hello Everyone,  It's a beautiful day here in Scotland which is surprising considering that parts of Edinburgh are under 3 feet of water, they had the most horrendous torrential rain yesterday, there were even cars floating in the water that had accumulated in the streets.   My thoughts are with those that have had their possessions and businesses ruined.

I wanted to show you a card I've made for a sweet friend who has recently undergone surgery.  I chose Pillow Talk from The Sassy range over at Sugar Nellie.  Coloured her with Pro markers and Derwent water colour pencils. I  paper pieced her skirt and stockings.

I used Kay & Co Roam papers for my main backing and also made the flowers from the same pad to coordinate.  The dotty paper is from Papermania it had white spots on it so I went over them with my Vanilla Pro marker. The raffia ribbon is from Bunny Zoe's Crafts, Sentiment is computer and distressed with TH scattered straw ink & tea dye.

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend and the sun is shining where ever you are.

Thank you for taking the time to pop in for a visit, it's very much appreciated.

I would like to enter into the following Challenges:

The Sugar Bowl Challenge: I followed the sketch from Erika, but turned in on it's side with the theme of Make your own Flowers.
Party Time Tuesday Challenge:  Are looking for Square Cards this week.
Allsorts Challenge:  Have a free and easy theme for the whole of July.

Hugs

8 comments:

  1. Hi Suzi...today lots of rain, but tomorrow sun again...lovely card with pretty papers and details...love her skirt and stockings!
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I just love this image...very "sassy" indeed! You did a great job with the coloring. Wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card Suzi. I love the image and pretty papers
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful card Suzi,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card, I'm sure your friend will love it
    Love the paper piecing!
    Thanks for playing free and easy with us at Allsorts this week and good luck
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think all girls want hair like that - lol! this is just stunning!

    we are well and hope you are too. so nice to see you!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzi...what a fun card!! Your paper piecing is fabulous!! Love your coloring...and those flowers are soooo pretty! Love the color! Thanks so much for playing in the Sugar Bowl. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card, the image is super, love her

    thanks for joining in with the free n easy fun at Allsorts

    hugs

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx