Friday, September 2

2012 Calendar with a Sassy Touch



Hello again my dears,  this is my second post today and this time I wanted to show you my first 2012 wall calendar.  I've used a Simply Sassy image called Spread your Wings, coloured her with promarkers and for the clouds and grass I've used TH broken china and forest green distress inks.

I started with a base of heavy brown card and then added some white corrugated card, the pink dotty card is from first edition sweet owl collection. The Swirls are all from Marianne Designs die cuts, little flowers are from my stash and a couple of doodle dew drops complete it.  Oh!!  I did add little viva declor liquid pearls to the centre of the flowers.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

The Sugar Bowl Challenge: have a wonderful sketch from Marlena this fortnight with the added them of One for the Girls. I am also entering her into the 
Sugar Nellie Face book challenge which is straight lines this week.
Tip Top Tuesday Challenge: Would like to see Shabby Chic this week and a top tip from you if you wish. My tip is at the bottom of this post if you would like to know about my swirls.
I Love Promarkers Challenge: Anything Goes this week.
Passion for Promarkers Challenge: Anything Goes this week.
The Paper Shelter Challenge: Anything Goes this week
Simon Says Stamp Challenge plus Simon Says Stamp and Show are having a joint Stamp-tember Blog Hop this week and the theme is Anything Goes.  I've done the hop, it's amazing and this is my entry into the challenge.
Hannah & Friends Challenge: Would like to see Brown and 1 colour, I've gone with brown and pink as my main colours.
Totally Papercrafts Challenge: Not a Card this week.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend ahead. xox.

My Top Tip is:  when you buy new papers, ie. Prima, Basic Grey, K& Co. etc  They always have this wonderful front cover showing you the designs. I always write the title of the paper on the card base at the back and then proceed to use my dies very cleverly placing them on the front cover, cut out using you preferred machine and hey presto you have beautiful swirls.

Here is an example.


20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Suzi and your TipTop is top!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous calendar, you should take orders!! Fab tip too Suzi...never thought of that.

    Thanks for joining us this week at The Sugar Bowl.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow hun this is one stunning calender just love love this to bits,stunning detail as always hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous image and gorgeous papers. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a great tip. I'll definitely be doing that in future. Very pretty card too with a cute image with the little birdie. Thanks for joining in with our Shabby Chic challenge at Top Tip Tuesday. Good luck in the draw. Annette. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card! thanks for playing along this week at Top Tip Tuesday with our shabby chic challenge! FAB FAB tip, never thought of using the covers of the paper packs! Good Luck with the challenge and hope to see you again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card - and I love your tip about using the covers of paper stacks for die cutting! Will definitely be using that one! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic calendar! Amazing tip, why do I just throw them away??? Not any more........

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a delightful calander and cute sassy image. Thanks also for the tip.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Recycling at it's best! Great tip and more bang for your buck. Excellent tip and beautiful calendar!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday. :)
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great calendar! I love your tip. I've done this with the insides of some carboard embellishment packaging but never with the front cover!! Will be doing this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. just stunning hon :0)..thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week. Good luck.
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great caledar Suzi, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks brilliant and what a clever idea :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Sassy project and image is fabulously shabby and chic! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week! Hugs and good luck!
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Creation Suzi!!! (and the tip! wow a woman after my own heart! lol) Good Luck with the challenge, and thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it Suzi
    Thanks for joining us on TPC
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweat calendar!

    Thank you for joining this weeks Hanna and Friends Challenge.
    Hugs,
    vanni

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabby creation, love it and great tip too TFS

    Thanks for playing in The Sugar Bowl

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx