Wednesday, September 21

Birthday Boy - A new Bicyle



Hello all,  Well it's blowing a gale and bucketing down with rain here in the West of Scotland so I hope you are all having better weather than we are.

I wanted to show you a very neglected (sorry!) stamp. I love this wee chap but don't get to use him very often.  It's Magnolia's Edwin on his bicycle.   I was asked to make a card for a wee boy who is getting a new bicycle for his Birthday so I knew exactly which stamp to use.  I've also taken the colour scheme for my card from the Magnolia-licious challenge which is brown, orange and teal this fortnight. 

Edwin has been coloured with Derwent artists pencils and gamosol oils.  I'm getting a little more confident using this medium but still need a lot of practice.  Papers are Papermania & Dovecraft the full recipe for my card is below this post.

That's all from me for now my dears,  but just before I go I would like to welcome my new followers and my existing followers, your comments and enthusiasm mean such a lot to me. 

Hugs to you all xxx

Challenges Entered:

Magnolia-Licious Challenge:  Have a colour theme this fortnight and it's Brown, Orange and Teal.
Oldie but Goodie Challenge: Would like to see One for the Boys this time round.
Stamps R Us Challenge: Would like to see Birthday creations this week.
My Mums Craft Shop Challenge:  A card for a Boy or Girl this week.
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge: Cards for Kids this week.
Lexi's Creations Challenge: Card for a Child this week.
Critters Sketch Challenge Blog: Have a recipe this week.  1 image, 2 patterned papers, 3 embellishments, 1 sentiment.
Just Magnolia Challenge:  Have a lovely sketch and a Fall theme this week.

Recipe:
Papers:  Dovecraft (Masculine) - papermania  retro vintage- corrugated card for corners - DCWV for stars
Image: Magnolia Edwin on bicycle
Medium: Derwent artists pencils with gamosol oil
Stars sizzix bigz die
Sentiment: Stash.

32 comments:

  1. oh this is one super cute image hun love the layout and super colors on this too,love hugs cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Suzi - this is just as cute as it can be - I really like all the colors you have used!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I love that Edwin image! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card with beautiful colours!!Good luck with the challenges Suzi!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful card Suzi!
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute, I love your card. The paper and stars make it flow nice, I love this color combo. I hope you win a challenge or 2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Suzi, OH!!!!!!!! Edwin is sooo cute on his bicycle, youshowcased him perfectly. Lovethe colors, and the nice textures. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What perfect card for his birthday! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous, Suzi! Love the DP's and totally love the stars with the buttons (and thank you for tying them with twine it's so much more finished looking) I love this Edwin and he is good for so many occasions! Thanks for sharing your talent with us...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely card. The embellishments are gorgeous.
    Francy

    ReplyDelete
  11. he's a cute little chap. Lovely colours too. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderfully delightful card, what a great stamp that is, and coloured so well! Just love your design layout ans the wonderful embellishments, super job! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card Suzi and love the bright colors. The stars embellies are perfect for this Edwin image. Fun!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  14. AAAhhhh I love this stamp! I love your arrangement with this card & your coloring is wicked awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card! Your coloring is great and the color scheme just perfect. Thanks for joining us at MMCS boys/girls challenge.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suzi, oh what a beautiful card. I love this cute Edwin stamp--have only used mine a few times also. Wonderful colouring in your coloured pencils--I'm liking colouring in that medium also. You're embellishments are fab. I love the star-and-button combo. So hard for me to think up of embellishments for male cards. Love the corrugated paper for your corners.
    Hugs.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous colouring, a great card :)
    Thank you for joining in the challenge at Stamps R Us.
    Jo xx
    (Stamps R Us Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So gorgeous card Suzi,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh Suzi!! I love love LOVE this hun!! Gorgeous colors and the stars are perfect with this layout!! SO SWEET! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Suzi! What a darling card! LOVE the stars!!!
    Thanks for joining the Just Magnolia and Hanglar Stanglar Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful creation!

    So happy you've joined us at Top Tip Tuesday in '1 For The Kids' challenge.

    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Suzi this is fabulous!!!!! Love the colors and the papers.... Excellent work on this one!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Suzi Edwin looks so cute with his new bike, the colours and design are wonderful.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your gorgeous layout with your beautifully colored image, great card! Thanks for joining us this week @ Critter Sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Perfect card for the occasion Suzi and I know he's going to love it as much as the bike. Thanks for stopping by and the kind comment. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely love your coloring of this cute, cute, cute image! Your card is wonderful! Thanks for playing at Critter Sketch this week and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your colouring is fab! wish i had your talent! Love him! Thanks for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday this week with our kids challenge! Good Luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous card Suzi - amazing colouring and fab papers.
    Thanks for playing along with my 'One For The Boys' challenge at An Oldie But Goodie this time.
    Hope to see you again.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. A great Boys Card ,

    thanks for joining us at OLDIE BUT A GOODIE Challenge

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an absolutely gorgeous card for a child. Full of colour and fun just right!!
    Thanks for joining us this time at Lexi's Creations.
    Love and hugs
    Susan
    Owner
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx