Monday, November 7

Recycled Brown Paper Bag







Hello All,  First let me say sorry for so many photo's but I wanted you to see my paper bag from various angles.  I took my inspiration from the wonderful Claudia Rosa, I love and admire Claudia's work so much and I know my bag isn't as amazing as the beautiful one Claudia created but I just had to have a go at it and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

I used sweet Tilda with hellebore's from the new Christmas Dreams Collection, coloured her with my new Letraset Flex Markers (I love them).  There are lots of elements on my gift bag so I won't bore you with all the details, you can find the full recipe below this post.

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Just Magnolia & Hanglar Stangler Challenge:  This Month Special Challenge is Anything Goes with the option of Lace and Pearls. My pearls are centred in my little paper roses.
Dutch Magnolia Lovers Challenge:  Would like you to alter some type of packaging this week.
The Maggie Lovers Challenge:   The girls would like to see Anything but a Card with a Christmas theme.
Magnolia Stamp Lovers Challenge:  Have a Christmas Tilda theme this week.
Stamping Scrapping Central Challenge:  Have the theme of Christmas this week and the new Tilda collection can be found in store.
Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge:  Would like to see you Up cycle/recycle something this week.
I Love Promarkers Challenge:  Would like to see Glitter and Glitz this week.
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge:  Have the theme of Christmas this time round.


Recipe:
DP: Kay &Co
Papermill 350gm smooth white card for layering
Image: Tilda with Hellebore's
Nesti: 2 ovals, 1 oval scallop distressed with TH Old Paper inks.
EK: Snowflake border punch (punched out twice and stuck back to back)
Doohickey Vintage Tag die also distressed with TH inks
Sentiment: Whimsy Stamps stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and placed onto a scallop circle nesti.
Paper Roses:  English Rose Die from Marianne Design Creatables No. LRO162
Large 40mm white rose and Gardenia from Wild Orchid Crafts
  Vintage seam binding: Angel Crafts
Chipboard Heart, painted with white acrylic paint and dusted with Glamour dust.
Stick Pin: made my me
Lace: Stash.





39 comments:

  1. Hello Suzi!
    I love this one! The recycle thing with a paper bag is really cool.
    I am working on my project right now, but you did a wonderful job already!!

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi, what a stunning bag, I really love it and your colouring is perfect! hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzi. Your gift bag is beautiful! I love how you recycled a plain paper bag into such a work of art! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzi, such a beautiful paper bag you have created here! Thanks for joining our DML challenge this time. Hugs, Jeanet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzi. Love this. Really pretty use of the paper bag & fab colours too. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely coloring Suzi and it's an awesome altered paperbag :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is wonderful. All of your artwork is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so cute Suzi and gorgeous too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great job, I love the stamp, the embellishments and the papers that you used.
    Francy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzi
    what a wonderful bag you have used, I love it.
    Hugs Renate

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea, it's gorgeous, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week,
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS bag Suzi! Love the DPs and how you embellished the front. Your coloring is beautiful. Love everything about this bag!
    Hugs, Cami

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful. I think you did a wonderful job the bag, it's just great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous. Love seeing the different ways people use paper bags for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Suzi your altered paper bag is absolutely beautiful! So elegant with so many layers - awesome job! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this is really stunning!!!!! Who would think this was made out of a paper bag!!!!! Fabulous work Suzi and so gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Suzi - I love making paper bag cards and my family and friends love receiving them. You have made a lovely creation and put a new twist with your creation. You are talented. Now I might just have to borrow this idea - but I will give it back!!!!! Love what you did!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Suzi this is amazing, you use made a bag look elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW Suzi! Just gorgeous! I will have to give this a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Suzi, your bag is STUNNING! I don't know who Claudia Rose is but I'm sure you have given her a run for her money!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is absolutely EXQUISITE....LOVE your spectacular coloring of this sweet Tilda and all the details are stunning!!!!!
    Will have to save this for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Suzi this is so adorable what a great way to give a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So beautiful Suzi,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely Beautiful! Love your Tilda and all the little details on your bag, delightful!
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  25. SUZI your bag is GORGEOUS!!! Wow I love making paper bag cards but never thought to alter the bag this way. So Clever and beautiful!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! This is beautiful!!!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is beautiful - but not really Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooooo this is just beautiful. Those papers are sooo luch and all the elements you have added just make this a truly inspiring creation. Thanks for sharing and joining with us at Maggie Lovers Challenges hugs from Bron xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. You did a beautiful job on this paper bag. I think it is gorgeous, everything about it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your altered bag is absolutely stunning Suzi and I am sure just as beautiful as Claudia's. You did an amazing job. Please join us at Simply Magnolia http://simplymagnolia.blogspot.com next time. We'd LOVE to have you play along with us, hugs Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow dear...
    that's simply stunning!!! I love the colors, and all the flowers... so many lovely details on it!!!
    hugs
    Sadia

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is stunning, love the papers and image you have used, a really beautiful design
    Lindsay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. that is the best use of a paper bag I have seen Suzi...stunning as always...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia & hAnglar challenge this week
    Mina xxx
    p.s. sorry for the late comment I was having problems commenting this week better late than never though

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMgosh Suzi im in LOVE with your Tilda brown paper bag project!!! Beautiful job hun!!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon's challenge this time!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  35. What an adorable project!!!


    Thanks for playing along in the RRR challenge!
    -Emily
    http://www.createserendipity.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx